Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looked at the newsstand today and flipped through kit car to find an ecotec in a rear wheel drive kit car. Does anybody know if someone makes a kit to do that, I can think of some very fun little project cars with LSJs put in them the wrong way.....

·
Registered
487 Posts
well, if the LSJ and the 2.4 have the same tranny bolt(bellhousing?) pattern you can use the sky/solstice/tranny.......

·
Registered
361 Posts
I believe it should. I'm pretty sure that all GM did to lower the displacement is de-stroke it. Not 100% sure on that, but I believe that to be the case. A RWD conversion using the SKY tranny should be pretty sick.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I want to do that in a S-10 in fact. A nice Ecotec pushing 500hp. Nothing like a 4cyl whoopin up on muscle cars.

·
Registered
487 Posts
goofyguy said:
I want to do that in a S-10 in fact. A nice Ecotec pushing 500hp. Nothing like a 4cyl whoopin up on muscle cars.

yeah but if GM's ecotec book is right, thats going to be an EXPENSIVE ecotec compared to the SBC's you would be beating...........

There are some mean 350 S-10's around my area........

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
MAN goofyguy I just had a customer of mine contact me with this idea so I have some info for you,

1. advanced adapters has a belhousing adapter to go to a standard chev pattern (t-350,T400,700R4, even manual like BW T, even richmond)
2. The biggest prob will be getting ecu but this can be done also by several aftermarket co.
3. Turn key motors sells a turboed 2.2 with everything including ecu preprogramed that is rated at 300 horse.
If you need more info PM me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
haunter said:
yeah but if GM's ecotec book is right, thats going to be an EXPENSIVE ecotec compared to the SBC's you would be beating...........

There are some mean 350 S-10's around my area........

I've done 11 V-8 s-10 swaps and I can confidently say I can do it in my sleep. I'm actually in the middle of a 96 standard cab short bed with a 350HO GM crate motor and a 88 Z28 BW T5, If you want I'll post pics, BUT ECOTEC WOULD BE WAY COOLER. Why because nobody has done it before or not showed anyone yet.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
The Solstice and Sky use either an AISIN AR5 5-speed(same as the Canyon/Colorado) or a Hydramtic 5L50E (same as Cadi STS and CTS)
The 2.4 VVT ECOTEC has identical transmission bolt pattern AFAIK
Both bore and stroke are increased for the 2.4 displacement (88x98mm)
WOT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts