Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
hey all i raced RX8 guy with his girl from 70mph dropped down passed him left off he floors it pulls on me for a sec (fender) i shift and pull about half a car then have to brake my ass off cus of a dickhead in front of us,luckily he switched lanes or i would have hit him and RX8 would have hit me, but i won my boy was like wtf a RX8 (happy as shit) im not sure how i won either but from a roll the redline seems to be a monster compared to most cars (except srt-4 and wrx, talon TSI) i almost died but well worth it :p j/k

peace all

what do they run in stock form if ya know offf hand! 0 to 60 also :cool:
HI 14,s I believe, my sister just bought one, you know i had to say" Sorry sis youre still slower than me ":)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Before buying the STi, I looked at the RX8. It's a beautiful and well built car, but it is just too slow for the price. Kind of a chick's car too.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Ya there really slow i put a bus length on one time.From like 30 to 120 and the funny thing was he was like why u slow down i was catching up.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Just be glad that he didn't find you on a twisty back road somewhere... those things are monsters in some twisties... nice run!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Come on guys, you will never put bus lengths on RX-8s and they aren't "slow" compared to a RL, sure the RL is faster it can run mid to low 14s the RX-8 runs high 14s, no bus lengths will be put on an RX-8 with a stock RL if they are actually trying, the RL is a faster car, but its still a decent race. I raced one with my wrx last week, in third gear i was able to pull on him in 4th gear we were dead even, i have a few little mods but nothing that is going to make a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
the higher output version is the only one worth racing, which was actually overrated from the factory. the RX8 is a nice car, but they have to wound out to get anywhere, which makes them harder to drive good compared to our cars which have torque all over. don't expect to out drive them in the twisties though, it's just a better platform to begin with for that.

·
Registered
808 Posts
hbko181 said:
What model RX8 was it? 197 HP base, or the 238hp engine you raced? Would a RL beat the 238hp RX8? Just curious.
In a straight line yes we have a slight edge

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
Come on guys, you will never put bus lengths on RX-8s and they aren't "slow" compared to a RL, sure the RL is faster it can run mid to low 14s the RX-8 runs high 14s, no bus lengths will be put on an RX-8 with a stock RL if they are actually trying, the RL is a faster car, but its still a decent race. I raced one with my wrx last week, in third gear i was able to pull on him in 4th gear we were dead even, i have a few little mods but nothing that is going to make a huge difference.
Maybe you should look and see who said they put a bus length on the RX8, it sure as hell wasn't us. It was troll boy... read a little closer before your traditional 'reality check' on us. No one here claimed anything like a bus length...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Maybe you should look and see who said they put a bus length on the RX8, it sure as hell wasn't us. It was troll boy... read a little closer before your traditional 'reality check' on us. No one here claimed anything like a bus length...

You are right i apologize my mistake

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
You are right i apologize my mistake
Didn't mean for that to sound quite so 'obnoxious' either....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts