Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i searched, i'm doing my own oil changes, what is the torque for the S/C bolts? and torque for the tensioner?

thanks

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i hope you're not unbolting the s/c to change the oil...

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
You mean you are not supposed to for an oil change, spOOner? That's going to save me a hell of a lot of time next o/c :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
I hope not as well. That filter housing is accessable with the right tools and a little paitence with out removing the blower.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
You mean you are not supposed to for an oil change, spOOner? That's going to save me a hell of a lot of time next o/c :D
Me? I'm assuming you meant Vita? I sure didn't unbolt it.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I didnt' unbolt the supercharger when I did my oil change. I unbolted the fill tube for the intercooler to give me more room to work. The filter change was the easiest part of the oil change only took like 3 mins.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Yeah, sorry meant Vita.

I really hope he is not removing the s/c for an oil change, personally. That would kinda be like dropping the gas tank from the veh to fill with gas.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
Yeah, sorry meant Vita.

I really hope he is not removing the s/c for an oil change, personally. That would kinda be like dropping the gas tank from the veh to fill with gas.
you mean you dont have to drop the gas tank...................

I love these threads lol

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
1. Get a 32mm socket and a 10" extention.
2. Remove two bolts out of the intercooler filler tube to make more room to reach the filter
3. Put the socket on the top of the oil filter cap.
4. Put the extension down behing the supercharger into the socket.
5. Unscrew filter cap, replace filter, and retighten.

Simple as that. It may look hard at first but it's pretty easy.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Just be careful when you put in the new filter. It's a drop in kind, and you dont want to smash the fins on it. Otherwise, it's just like posted above.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
max_boost said:
1. Get a 32mm socket and a 10" extention.
2. Remove two bolts out of the intercooler filler tube to make more room to reach the filter
3. Put the socket on the top of the oil filter cap.
4. Put the extension down behing the supercharger into the socket.
5. Unscrew filter cap, replace filter, and retighten.

Simple as that. It may look hard at first but it's pretty easy.
i've owned a 2.2L ecotec before. i just didn't know how to get around the charger

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Raven said:
i was told by saturn that's how to do it. i haven't. i'm just wondering what is another way

How much was that dealership going to charge you for an oil change? Also, where are they located so that I can avoid them at all costs. Do they recommend removing the left fender to fill the washer reservoir too? Perhaps they suggest removing the tires to air them up. Not to be an ass, but do they have any idea what they are doing? Was it a salesman who told you that, or was it someone in service?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
How much was that dealership going to charge you for an oil change? Also, where are they located so that I can avoid them at all costs. Do they recommend removing the left fender to fill the washer reservoir too? Perhaps they suggest removing the tires to air them up. Not to be an ass, but do they have any idea what they are doing? Was it a salesman who told you that, or was it someone in service?
He's not the first person to post about loosening the supercharger to change to oil. Someone said JiffyLube denied them an oil change due to it.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I could understand JiffyLube, but not a Saturn dealership saying that. They should certainly know better, don't you agree?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
I could understand JiffyLube, but not a Saturn dealership saying that. They should certainly know better, don't you agree?
I think that the 'Official' process must be listed as remove the supercharger bolts or something...

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I could not see how someone would think that. Sure it is a little cramped, but my guys do these o/c's without removing anything. Personally, I would think to ask the customer/call the dealership before saying that the s/c has to come off. Makes you worry about who is working on your car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts