Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have been reading that it is not truely possible to add a new pulley to you stock S/C without having heat issues. Now i did hear that if you open up the exhaust it will be ok, potentially. now, many of you may not like this, but im a muscle car guy and i cant stand the sound that comes out of the fart cannons on civics. im hopeing that i can find a way to open up the exhaust with out having that whiny 4 banger noise.i know its not possible to get the sound of my GT on this car but something non ricey would be nice. does any body have any idea? and what parts ar out in order to open it up? or is going to all be costume? thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
it'll always sound like a 4, no matter what you do, you can fine tune the exhaust sounds with trial and error, but either way, it WILL sound like a 4, only better with the blower ;)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
im not a ricer sound either but in order to open up a 4 banngers system your gonna get noisy. Mines a lot louder than Im use to but I will get use to it and will enjoy the benfits for a wide open system on my car. The header will come soon and then Im having a test pipe finished and that will be a full no restriction system. It will be loud and annoying but I will deal with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o headers, sounds good. how hard would the install be on a new set of headers? i know from my experance with the stang it wasnt that hard but for my friend how has a mitsu GTS it was painful b/c of the way the engine was set up (aka fwd car). any one know how hard it is? and do you have a pull the engine?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its easier than it looks the header is in the rear of the motor and there is a ton of room to get at it. You would pull if from the bottom and bolt on the new one. Im sure its a hour job if your a novice and less if your a pro. There is a lot of room in there to get at everything but the intake. That seems to be the only part the worked as hard as possible to hide.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats cool, i like an engine that has alot of room around it to work. and i cant imagine a hard CAI install, this will be pretty funny

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
goofyguy said:
its easier than it looks the header is in the rear of the motor and there is a ton of room to get at it. You would pull if from the bottom and bolt on the new one. Im sure its a hour job if your a novice and less if your a pro. There is a lot of room in there to get at everything but the intake. That seems to be the only part the worked as hard as possible to hide.
there IS a lot of stuff in the way of some of the intake stuff! we've got it down now, and the install of a cai won't be extremely difficult, just lots of little steps, likely time consuming for a beginner who's never installed one

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i installed one on my stang and it took me all of 25 mins, between taking out the old assembly and putting in the new CAI. but that was super easy b/c its just on the right hand side and on top.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
there is much to be moved before you can get out the stock airbox, trust me

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vita said:
there is much to be moved before you can get out the stock airbox, trust me
that sucks man, i mean the stang, its like just inside the fenderwell. is it worth the price plus the painful install?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
well if you're interested in an intake, post in the cold air intake thread, the install wont be painfull, just small things that will take some time to do right, not too bad, we'll be providing a full how-to on our install complete with pictures!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i dont have the car yet so there is not point in buying an intake for a car i dont have, but when i get it i will hit u up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts