Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my roomate has her friend come over and he pulls up in an 03 S2000, totally stock. I see him and I pester him, basically egging him on to race me. He told me "dude, not to be an ass but i would waste you" I just kept pushing. Anyway after about an hour he goes to the parking lot outside my apartment to get his car and he walks back and said "shit, my fu*king car is on blocks and my rims have been jacked" we went down there to investigate and sure as shit they were gone. (Keep in mind this is a gated complex with a security guard)

So basically, reguardless of us racing or not, he was owned by someone. It sucks I know but it was funny. If he would have raced me from the begining that wouldnt have happened.

On a side note we called the cops to make a report and they don't show for about an hour and a half. They made us do a report over the phone. Meanwhile we waited in the parking lot (it started at 11:30 p.m.) and we were being kind of loud and low and behold, a cop shows up because of a noise complaint. Assholes.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he was wanting new rims anyway, and I think his insurance is covering it, or maybe the apartment complex because their gate has been broken for about a month now, hell maybe mommy and daddy shit I don't know. I did mess with him and say "you still think you are going to win?" Got a good laugh about it, he should be over again this weekend so maybe I can get a good run and a nice Vid.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Look on the bright side - stock Honda wheels and tires for the S2000 and nearly $2500 - you can buy a bitching set of wheels and tires for $1200-1500 - the dude just made a grand, and all he spent was a little humilation....

Plus, when he gets his wheels and tires on, you can still spank him.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Be glad his wheels were gone. He would have smoked you.

I've raced one and got beat by about 5 car lengths.

Not trying to be a party pooper but they do have about 40 more HP than us and are 100+ lbs lighter.

Just wait till Psi-Fi releases the 18psi kit. That'll be the shizznit.

Sucks about his rims though. You'd better get some wheel locks for yours too. We have some nice wheels and most thieves will not know that they won't fit hardly ANY other cars.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went out and bought some the next day, these guys were pro's, I was in my room, that is on the 2nd story overlooking the space where he was parked with both windows WIDE open and no sound producing devices active at the time. They were friggen ghosts or somthing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You shouldn't get beat to bad. These are low 14's stock. My buddy has one and we we just playing around and he couldn't believe how I wasn't ever but about a half a car length back. Can't wait to summer so I can really run him.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
myredline said:
You shouldn't get beat to bad. These are low 14's stock. My buddy has one and we we just playing around and he couldn't believe how I wasn't ever but about a half a car length back. Can't wait to summer so I can really run him.

Well then the dude I raced must have had some extra goodies under the hood because he beat me pretty good.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JPK said:
Well then the dude I raced must have had some extra goodies under the hood because he beat me pretty good.
I wouldn't try it, although the numbers are a little closer than I thought.

HONDA S2000

Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door roadster
Estimated price as tested: $34,000
Engine type: DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection

Displacement: 132 cu in, 2157cc
Power (SAE net): 240 bhp @ 7800 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 162 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 94.5 in
Length/width/height: 162.2/68.9/50.0 in
Curb weight: 2840 lb
Zero to 60 mph: 5.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: .15.0 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.9 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 149 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 166 ft
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 20 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 23 mpg

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Look at what SCC did with it, I guess it's not just the Redline that they have no skills with, apparently they can't get a good 0-60 in any car that they drive, and what's with the <14.4? Is that really a 'carefully tested' result?

SportCompactCar said:
Acceleration
0-30 mph: 2.3 sec
0-60 mph: 6.4 sec
30-50 mph: 2.5 sec
50-70 mph: 3.32 sec
Quarter Mile time<: 14.4 sec
Quarter Mile speed: 97.2 mph

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yeah, those fucking magazines man.

They are supposed to have "professional" drivers testing these cars and it appears they lost an entire second on the 0-60 time.

I knew they were full of shit when one mag had the RL at 15.3 in the quarter. Hell, there are guys on here (non-pro) that were diong 14.5 and a little better.

Go figure.

And as far as "not trying it", I'll race anybody. I don't give a shit even if I know they'll hand me my ass.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
JPK said:
You'd better get some wheel locks for yours too. We have some nice wheels and most thieves will not know that they won't fit hardly ANY other cars.
As sad as it is true, Saturn of Milwaukee had three RL on cinder blocks one morning a few weeks back. When I bought mine last week, the salesman told me about it. They threw in locks for free and already installed. Weather or not the theives new that the unique bolt pattern would make the wheels hard to move or not is up in the air, but the wheels were gone none the less.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have one around me that almost every day pesters me. Sometimes I win sometimes he wins. Its a pretty fair match up if you have 2 good drivers. Now if your new to the car and a manual he will wip you bad but the guy by me has fun with it. I almost race him every day on the weekends every time to 100. but like I said I win some he wins some. I have never been beat by more than a car length though

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That guy keeps makine BS excuses not to run me in the S2K, he also has a 92' Civic hatch with a sewage pipe for an exhaust, and he wants to run me in that, not even worth the gas, especially for $2.62 a gallon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gp/gt

Im pretty sure you would take an S2000.....I dunno though isnt there 2 models ....one faster than the other....I do know the engine they have has to be reved up in order to get top performance out of the engine......right ???? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere before.

Also every car magazine underrates every car.....they rated the GTP 15.1 on the quater mile....I've seen many stock GTP's run 14.5's continuosly....hell the odd one gets into the low 14's.....stock GT's are known to run low 15's so how does that make sense......the GTP has 40 HP on the GT but runs nearly the same time according to magazines :eek: They also say the GTO runs 13.9.....people have got them into the low 13's ...Whatever the magazine says ....take about .5 - .7 seconds off the time they say and you got the real time the car can do

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's hard to blame them in one sense, I mean how are you supposed to learn how to drive a car in one afternoon of testing?? At the same time, some places seem to 'test' cars of one type better that other type of cars. With some regularity to the results. For instance BMW will win almost any Car & Driver test that it is entered in, unless the results are sooo far the other direction, and even then it wins. In the sedan class that is. Porsche will also win the sports car honors, back and forth with the Vette, but what can ya say, it's a Vette and Porchse. What cracks me up is when they decide to deduct points from the Porsche for cost in one test, but not in another test of the same two cars, two months later.

I love their SUV tests as well. Like where they stuck the Vue Redline out in the desert with a bunch of off road capable mini-SUV's. Then complained about it's ground clearance.

How abou Motortrend and their habit of picking the newest car released as the winner of any category it's in. What's the deal there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gp/gt

My buddy owns a vue.....jus the 4 banger one though....nice little SUV's otherwise.....and the 2004's look even better .....looks like it comes with a stock body kit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts