Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while driving down the road I hear the sound of tires breaking lose and an engine whinning up. I look over and out of a fast food joints' parking lot is a red honda S2000 wanting to catch up. So I slowed down and allowed him the honor of racing me. Unfortunately another vehicle was next to me at the light so after it turned green I simply sped up enough to let the S2000 pass and get beside me to do a rolling start. Well I guess he thought this was just an ordinary Saturn and he just wanted to show how bad ass his car was because as soon as he passed the other car he gunned it. With a smirk and a jam into 2nd gear he only got a half a car length ahead, three gears and 121 MPH later he was damn near a car length behind me. After turning I didnt get a thumbs up I got a middle finger salute, sore loser. Now ever time I drive this street I look for this car just to see if it was a fluke. Now before anyone gets on and talks about the specs of our two cars and says there is no way this happened or that guy didnt know how to drive or what ever I'll go ahead and say **** you. I dont lie about racing hell I've been beat in my car and I'll be damned if I am going to carry around a camcorder to prove shit. So to all non believers of the Ion Redline we are contenders and dont laugh it is only a matter of time before one of us beats you! :D :mad: :D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
haha, so true. Seems like there's always some bonehead that believes the specs in the magazines they read are set in stone. That's one thing about the tolerances of cars today, they aren't ALL going to be as slow as the one SCC tested and sometimes they aren't as fast as the ones on Car and Driver although I think SCC just doesn't have good drivers. Good kill by the way :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Does the S2000 have a good aftermarket?

I got my ass handed to me by one. Maybe he had some extra goodies installed or something? :confused:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JPK said:

I got my ass handed to me by one. Maybe he had some extra goodies installed or something? :confused:
It's a Honda...

·
Registered
541 Posts
And not just any Honda......It is one with a decent street rep (but high cost), and there is the movie in which it was in......

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have one that races me daily. 3 lights almost every day we get off work at the same time. Sometimes he wins sometimes I win. Its always close. Its all who get off the line better.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I read some research from other forums and found this out.
Honda S2000 03-04 M/T
0-60: 5.4 / 5.4
1/4: 14.1 / 14.1
5-60: 7.0 / 6.9
Top Speed: 146 / 149
Breaking:161 / 166
30-50: 9.9 / 8.8
50-70: 9.4 / 7.9
Hows that?? Before I did this, I believed you killed that car because their not good at high end power. Unless their modded like JPK said.

·
Registered
416 Posts
syphrus22 said:
I read some research from other forums and found this out.
Honda S2000 03-04 M/T
0-60: 5.4 / 5.4
1/4: 14.1 / 14.1
5-60: 7.0 / 6.9
Top Speed: 146 / 149
Breaking:161 / 166
30-50: 9.9 / 8.8
50-70: 9.4 / 7.9
Hows that?? Before I did this, I believed you killed that car because their not good at high end power. Unless their modded like JPK said.
It's tough to get good numbers on an s2000, especially the 0-60 because the power is so high in the band. so a lot of its drivers aren't capable of pushing the car to the limit. which can be said for lots of cars, but especially the s2000 which feels like a civic until you get it to lik 6.5k rpms. . .

·
Registered
89 Posts
JPK said:

The've got a lot of aftermarket support, novi/vortec/comptech/procharger, honda gets all the good stuff. Its all fun till they pop their head gasket with their high compresion ratio. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
The S2000 is not actually all that fast. Stock for stock an RL will pull on an S2k. I have vids of Stock Srt-4s walken em hard. If n RL can pretty much keep up with an SRT-4 you should not have a prob with an s2k. They make no power before 6k rpms. Those also cars also lack alot of torque. Good kill my man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Either your Redline is modded or this post is total bullshit. No way in hell you could own a S2000. That S2000 would walk all over your ass.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Thats a bunch of crap ProjectSRT they have no low end at all. you know like a srt-4 with out a prespool. A redline can get away and maintain that distance as long as the driver can shift. If your on a roll on and the s2000 gets to downshift your SOL.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Easy fella. Could have been a shitty driver...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ProjectSRT said:
Either your Redline is modded or this post is total bullshit. No way in hell you could own a S2000. That S2000 would walk all over your ass.
Maybe you should go read up on the stats for a S2000, it's not that fast. Not at all. Maybe you should try racing a stock one, you'd walk all over it, off the line either of our cars is making 50+ more torque than an S2000. Take an S2000 to the track, where it's supposed to be good, and both of our cars would most likely take an ass whuppin. They're not drag cars, A LOT of cars, aren't drag cars. Go take a Lamborghini or Ferrari to the drag strip, there would be dozens of cars that could take them in the 1/4. Now put those same cars on to a 4 mile road course, like Road America or something, and watch what happens.

Amazingly, some cars are actually designed for things other than lining up and racing to 100mph in a straight line...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Maybe you should go read up on the stats for a S2000, it's not that fast. Not at all. Maybe you should try racing a stock one, you'd walk all over it, off the line either of our cars is making 50+ more torque than an S2000. Take an S2000 to the track, where it's supposed to be good, and both of our cars would most likely take an ass whuppin. They're not drag cars, A LOT of cars, aren't drag cars. Go take a Lamborghini or Ferrari to the drag strip, there would be dozens of cars that could take them in the 1/4. Now put those same cars on to a 4 mile road course, like Road America or something, and watch what happens.

Amazingly, some cars are actually designed for things other than lining up and racing to 100mph in a straight line...

not trying to start any crap here, but a properly driven s2000 should be able to beat a redline without problem. its not hard to believe you guys have beaten them, because like someone said above, they are not the easiest cars to drive fast.. they are capable of mid to high range 13 sec 1/4 mile.. but of course you have to be pretty hard on the car to get that.. are the redlines capable of times in the high 13's, low 14s? stock s2ks are similiar to stock srt4s in the 1/4.. from a dig the srt will probably win becasue you have to be soo hard on the s2k to get a good launch, but from a roll it shouldnt be much of a problem.
in case you are wondering, i came on this site because i am interested in this car, not because i want to start any of those gay internet wars.. i have a 5th gen prelude now.. its fun, but i want somethign with boost that isnt 30k.

·
Registered
888 Posts
sgpierce said:
not trying to start any crap here, but a properly driven s2000 should be able to beat a redline without problem. its not hard to believe you guys have beaten them, because like someone said above, they are not the easiest cars to drive fast.. they are capable of mid to high range 13 sec 1/4 mile.. but of course you have to be pretty hard on the car to get that.. are the redlines capable of times in the high 13's, low 14s? stock s2ks are similiar to stock srt4s in the 1/4.. from a dig the srt will probably win becasue you have to be soo hard on the s2k to get a good launch, but from a roll it shouldnt be much of a problem.
in case you are wondering, i came on this site because i am interested in this car, not because i want to start any of those gay internet wars.. i have a 5th gen prelude now.. its fun, but i want somethign with boost that isnt 30k.
I agree to a point with this but mid 13s is pushing it, i would say high 13s to lower 14s for the newer models, not sure when they changed it , but i know in the past 2 years they had some minor changes that make the s2000 slightly quicker. As for the earlier models you are looking at low 14s to mid 14s. They are quick cars and with a perfect run, and a properly running car any S2000 should take a redline, but in the real world perfect runs and amazing drivers are few and far between. Its a drivers race, but neither car should kill the other, if thats the case someone isn't stock or someone isn't trying.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The S2000 is a sweet car, but its not made for the 1/4. Thus the term "roadster" which is the catigory that it falls under in my opinion. Now on the other had, there great aftermarket allows you to run any combo under the sun. You can do anything from twin turbo to S/C and turn it into a killer at the 1/4. With both cars stock, it will be close each time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts