Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Saab's or any other car for that matter that come with the F35 and an LSD? I am thinking about calling junkyards and finding the tranny with the LSD in it, and just buying the whole thing.

And do we have a completely unmodified F35? B/c I seem to remember a while back that someone said that saturn/GM modified it slightly.

One more question. Is there a 6 speed (Saab or any other maker) transmission that would fit all (or most of) the mounting points?

I just hate cruising down 95 on long road trips at 85 mph and going 3300 RPMs... I can watch my gas needle go down. :mad:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i believe there is a six speed, and gears as well

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, so i won't be finding that in Highway 401 Salvage yard....
It was just a thought...

·
Registered
487 Posts
ptparker said:
I just hate cruising down 95 on long road trips at 85 mph and going 3300 RPMs... I can watch my gas needle go down. :mad:

if go like, somewhat close to the speed limit your gas mileage will go up alot!

or buy an LS1 fbody with a 6sp, 27mph @ 85 MPH :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
ptparker said:
Yeah, so i won't be finding that in Highway 401 Salvage yard....
It was just a thought...
there is also the saab 6 speed that'll go in, i found it once, but it takes some looking around. google is your friend

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... I will keep you posted, nothing will happen until later this year or early next when I hit 36k, but I wanted to know what it out there so I can keep my eyes open, and maybe buy something if it falls in my lap...

And I would have bought an L200 or an ION sedan if I wanted to go the speedlimit. 85 is my cruising speed. Don't even get me started if someone wants to play on the highway. I got it up to a 130 when playing with a BMW 745iL near Fredricksburg VA on 95. We werent really racing, just toying around.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I hear that the difference between the Saab and Redline apps, is the gearset thats in the two transmissions. Something about an MMU, or MM3 gearset...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, spooner, that is what I remember... I don't know exactly that means in terms of compatability....

What models of Saab use the 6 speed that kaz is talking about?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I just checked their website, and it says all of them are 5spds....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Saab did? Where is it? It's not even an option for any of the '05s. You spoke to them on the phone about this? Hmmm... what was the cost on the tranny? I don't mean to call you a liar or anything, but it's just odd that you can't buy that tranny on a new one...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I guess that's because they only sell the 6-spd in Canada.. how strange... why is that ***?

Or is it that they just come standard in Canada? Kinda strange, the normal Saab site makes no mention of the 6-spd....

·
Banned
572 Posts
yeah i called them it only came out on the vector models its a limited edition and the price was 2360 for a used (1000 miles) transmission

·
Registered
563 Posts
ptparker said:
Are there any Saab's or any other car for that matter that come with the F35 and an LSD? I am thinking about calling junkyards and finding the tranny with the LSD in it, and just buying the whole thing.

And do we have a completely unmodified F35? B/c I seem to remember a while back that someone said that saturn/GM modified it slightly.

One more question. Is there a 6 speed (Saab or any other maker) transmission that would fit all (or most of) the mounting points?

kinda off the subject but i know what you mean as far as the high rpms... i put a type r tranny in my crx and at 85 i was running almost 5k.... it sucks...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
playboy said:
kinda off the subject but i know what you mean as far as the high rpms... i put a type r tranny in my crx and at 85 i was running almost 5k.... it sucks...

wow... probably one of the only 2500 lbs cars that gets 12mpg on a road trip. plus, it probably has, what, an 12 gallon tank... that is gas like ever 140 miles or so....

i would have hung myself about 6 or 7 hours into the first trip :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts