Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im about to put 08+ shocks struts under it complete with new strut mounts and steering rack spacers(alignment after). mainly because I just put new tires on it and I think im going to be keeping the car for a while now so I want it to ride like a damn Caddy......

Its on B&G springs, I like these more than the Eibachs that were under it when I bought it. The B&G's ride a hell of a lot softer then the bricks that were under it.

However, the ass-end is a lil lower then the front and STILL hits the bumpstops on larger ditches in the road. So i thought of a solution.

BIG ASS WASHERS!

4" inch ones to be exact, the ID is 2"

Rides alot better even on worn out shocks/struts!

Bought them at Fastenal for $25 for 8 and the car could use a few more to bring the ride height up a bit more, but really i wanted more space between the stops.

I put 3 on the top and one on the bottom, i dont think it would really matter where they go...4 total was prolly around 3/4" more clearence.

Ill get some height pics tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Damn your chasis stay clean down south, good idea btw.
Shimmy Shimmy BANG BANG!!!

·
I
7,838 Posts
I was going to put the TC shocks on my rears too. Was going to do Koni yellows but TC shocks are a better price.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update...put 08+ susp under it and it rides like a damn caddy....its great....rides nice!

Here are the ride height pics after the new susp and spacers...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts