Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a long distance trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles over new years and wow! My RL flew on the freeway. About a 450mile trip, on the way down took me about 4 1/2 hours. I went over 3000miles on the way down, i did my 2nd oil change at 2800 miles. After 3,000 miles it seemed like the RL really really opened up. It seemed like I gained 10-15 horses (swear to god!). What really impressed me, I went up this really steep grade in 5th gear on the freeway. I was just going up this thing with ease, I wasnt flooring it, I was giving it about 15%-25% throttle. Has anyone else experienced the 3000+ mile power gain? I know i'm not mind-f*cking myself. My girlfriend agreed with me!

·
Registered
416 Posts
dL_RL said:
I took a long distance trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles over new years and wow! My RL flew on the freeway. About a 450mile trip, on the way down took me about 4 1/2 hours. I went over 3000miles on the way down, i did my 2nd oil change at 2800 miles. After 3,000 miles it seemed like the RL really really opened up. It seemed like I gained 10-15 horses (swear to god!). What really impressed me, I went up this really steep grade in 5th gear on the freeway. I was just going up this thing with ease, I wasnt flooring it, I was giving it about 15%-25% throttle. Has anyone else experienced the 3000+ mile power gain? I know i'm not mind-f*cking myself. My girlfriend agreed with me!
I am approaching this mileage point so I am curious too and will let everyone know. BTW, why 2nd oil change? I haven't changed my oil once yet and I'm at around 2.5k miles. The light hasn't come on telling me to.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd oil change? CHEEEEP insurance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts