Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Santa Ana, CA) Lancer collides w/ tree @ approx 120MPH, 1 Dead, 1 Arrested

My co-worker is friends with the guy that was driving (who is still alive BTW), nobody knows why there was a random guy in the passanger seat, the driver cant remember why he was in the car. The passanger was a freind's friend's friend's co-worker.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_197142510.html
CBS said:
SANTA ANA, Calif. A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter and felony drunken driving after a crash that left his 19-year-old passenger dead.

The driver, Andre Keith Pirl, was speeding eastbound on McFadden Street when he lost control of the vehicle and crashed about 12:39 a.m. near Fairview Street.

Pirl's car, a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer, struck a palm tree. His passenger, Scott Mendoza, of Fountain Valley, was transported to Western Medical Center where he died as a result of his injuries at 4:22 a.m, according to Supervising Deputy Coroner Kelly Crawford.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI the guy blew a .06, when in any state, does that constitute being drunk?
Godamn reporters, always trying to make things buigger than they really are...

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
I think in OH it is .08

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep...they guy was all stoked that he just put a turbo timer and new DP + Exhaust on it...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Anytime you are in an accident with any measureable amount of alcohol, you get a DUI in DC.

·
Registered
764 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
I wouldn't say they are making it bigger than it is. The dumbass was doing 120, hit a tree, and his passenger is dead. I'd say that is a big deal in itself.

I think they can give you a DUI in PA even if you don't blow a .08 if you fail the field sobriety test. Probably easier to fight and win. They might be able to if it involves an accident, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
ptparker said:
Anytime you are in an accident with any measureable amount of alcohol, you get a DUI in DC.
Yeah, but it's also illegal to run yellow lights in DC.

Doing 120? The DUI charge is the absolute least of his worries. He killed someone, totalled a $30,000 car, insurance is going to deny the claim, and I'm sure that kid's family is going to sue the everliving begeeezus outta him.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
.08 in IL too... but that's only part of the evidence, you can still get a DUI if you're drunk with a .07 or lower. It's how you act, not how you blow. I'd say doing 120, losing control, killing someone, and not even being able to remember why a passenger was there... that looks like Driving Under the Influence of SOMETHING to me. Alchohol is not the only thing, they could have found a bottle of drugs, pot, whatever...

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ''authorities'', still have been unable to determine the exact speed of impact, there are skid marks, but the tread does not belong to the lancer, they havent figured out if the skid marks were there before the accident or not...
...the guy cant remember what happened because his head collided with the driver's side A-pillar...he was temporarily paralyzed for 13.5hrs, until the swelling went down in his neck...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody that drinks and drives one of these machines to the point of out of control isn't very smart. If there was acohol involved he will be lucky he doesn't spend the rest of his life in jail.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
....more to the story.
...So i guess, that the passanger asked, nay, begged the guy to drive him in his Evo while they were at a party. The guy didnt even want to take the kid out, because he was already getting ready to go home. The driver remembers that the kid bought him a tank of gas, and thats all he can remember so far...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like he barely served a year... did a law degree in Indiana from 2008 to 2011... then moved to Miami. Works at a legal firm and travels the world while enjoying sipping alcohol at football games

facebook/714dre

1 - 16 of 16 Posts