Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few days, GM has been thinking about getting rid of our Saturn brand. What will you buy for your next car (when it comes time) if Saturn gets discontinued?

Article: GM says needs fast $4 billion from U.S. to survive | Reuters

BTW, Saturn Tuners may change names if this happens, I will still supply Redlines as long as the parts exist.

What I am getting:
A Pontiac G8 GXP, Camaro SS, Kenne Bell Mustang Cobra, or a Cobalt SS Turbo
(Of course, it will be in a while)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Will probably build a Hot Rod if I ever get rid of the Saturn. Using the LSJ motor, of course... ;)

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
going to win the mega millions lottery tonight and buy gm corporation and drive the new caddy cts-v as my daily car..lol
That's if I don't win it! Half would be going to good causes.

But in all honesty, maybe Camaro SS or Solstice targa or G8 GXP.

·
Lurking Diplomat
397 Posts
Saturn goes away, I remain with GM. That means either Chevy or Pontiac all the way, unless I win the Mega Millions. Then, I will move on up to the Caddy CTS-V.

My GF knows NOTHING about cars so I could easily pick up the G8 GXP and pass it off as being a nice family car.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Will probably build a Hot Rod if I ever get rid of the Saturn. Using the LSJ motor, of course... ;)
I think it would be bad ass to but the lsj in a vw beetle....

no seriously

Light as crap, rear wheel drive/ rear engine, and cheap parts ftw!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
:werd: Could not agree more!!!!
Eh, I don't plan on building it up, but if I end up getting the job I might be getting, I'll end up in NY, which means I'll have to deal with winter weather. In dealing with snow, I want something AWD, and as far as that goes, Subaru is it.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Eh, I don't plan on building it up, but if I end up getting the job I might be getting, I'll end up in NY, which means I'll have to deal with winter weather. In dealing with snow, I want something AWD, and as far as that goes, Subaru is it.
mitsus have a redonkulous like 10 year kazillion mile warranty ......

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
u dont need awd for snow or nething of the sort...shit im here in WY and we just had a nice snow/ice storm come through and my 2wd pathfinder with decent winter tires had 0 issues at all..infact i had to go pick people up for work because they were stuck

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
u dont need awd for snow or nething of the sort...shit im here in WY and we just had a nice snow/ice storm come through and my 2wd pathfinder with decent winter tires had 0 issues at all..infact i had to go pick people up for work because they were stuck
Eh, I just want something that's a step up from FWD, and I'd rather have AWD over RWD.

mitsus have a redonkulous like 10 year kazillion mile warranty ......
Subaru's AWD is designed and built better than Mitsu's from what I've heard. I don't know how true it is, but all of Subaru's are AWD while most of Mitsu's aren't.

Also, with a Mitsu I'd have to buy an Evo to get the AWD, while with a Subaru I could get a WRX and save about $10,000.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts