Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at installing an amp in the trunk of my Saturn Ion Quad Coupe. what is the best place to run the RCA cables from the head unit to the trunk? any easy channel to access for the cables?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,736 Posts
You could probably run it under the center console, under the carpet, into the trunk.
Or follow the floor trim going behind the dash and down

Reactions: RabbidWombat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up running all the cables along the drivers side door under the carpet. everything was pretty easy to get to and put back for a nice clean look.

In case anyone is interested I replaced all 4 speakers in the car and installed 2 amps and 2 subwoofers in the trunk. The trickiest part was having to pull everything out of the back seat to replace the back 2 speakers. it wasnt hard just took some time.

For the front door speakers i ran 2 speaker lines from the back amp along the same wire channel under the driver side door back up to head unit and spliced into the speaker line going to the doors from there...so i didnt have to trace out the speaker lines to the doors. Only problem I had was some engine noise that a Ground Loop filter fixed.
Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts