Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys can anybody tell me ,where can I find step by step instructions with video on how to replace the clutch in my 2006;Saturn Ion

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
I did a quick search and couldn't find an exact how to. Do you have access to a haynes/chiltons manual? I know its in those for sure

Reactions: Bonncars

·
Registered
Red 2006 Saturn IRL Comp
8 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have the rest of that book would you..that's a gem right there. Thanks!

Edit: I have the '07 FSM manuals and the officia Saturn parts book if you need any references from those

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don’t, wish I did. I found that online years ago when I just had a 2.2l ion never thinking I would have a RL and just wanted info for when I changed my clutch. Never figured that would get totaled and I would get an RL after.

·
Registered
Red 2006 Saturn IRL Comp
8 Posts
Dang, was worth the ask. I know the feeling with not expecting to get one, same situation here, just with an SC2 to a RL. Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been through having the master cyclinder break through my clutch pedal before, talk about a pain. Luckily, I was in neutral, trying to shift into gear, when I pressed the pedal, it went through the pedal, and had to pull over. Being that I was not in gear, and no traffic, proved there was a god lol the pedal was around $200 bucks from the dealer, also replaced the master cylinder for around $100. the pedal wasnt too bad to replace, beside the fact that the pedal had that extra section sticking out the top which I chopped off. The master cylinder however, was an all day replacement, plus not knowing the clutch is vacuum bled.

fun times lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts