Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as of this afternoon my family will have adopted Saturn number 10. I think. It might actually be 11. Mom is on her way to trade in her L300 for a fully loaded Vue. I tried my hardest to get her to get the Redline, but they didn't have any on the lot and well, it's just not her style. She was going to get a Cadilac but was very surprised at the Vue when she test drove it. She was very apprehensive about even looking at it, but now that she has, she says it rides just as well as the L300. She likes being up higher, and I am sure the AWD will come in handy this winter. Just doesn't have all the luxury items the L300 had. So is this a step down? Or a step across. I think she is only getting it to wait until the Sky comes out. She was looking forward to the Curve, but alas another dream crushed.

Me: Ion redline
Brother #1: Never owned a Saturn but would like a Vue
Brother #2 : Currently an SL2
Brother #3: Currently Ion 2 Sedan. SC2 previously
Mom: Vue, L300, SC3, SL2, and 2 or 3 more before that I think. She has had a Saturn since the begining. Ever since my youngest brother had a temper tantrum at the International Auto Show one year and kicked a Saturn right infront of the salesman. Mom was so embarrased. The salesman told my brother to do it again. The door panel wasn't even skuffed and Mom was sold. So were about a dozen other Moms and Dads that moment.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'm on numero uno. However, I can definitely say that the experience I had shopping, buying, and owning, I will DEFINITELY be leasing another Saturn after my R/L's expires (unless I buy it, of course)

·
Registered
808 Posts
ive owned 4, 2 of mynephews have them, my sister has 1, sisterin law has 1, I think thats it for my family.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my Mom completly destroyed two of hers. She walked away with never more than one broken bone in her hand. From when the airbag went off and slammed it against the window. Other than being dazed for a few hours she walked away from both accidents. The cars were just unfathomably (sp?) wrecked. I have never seen a car that damaged and have the driver just get out and walk away. I think this is why she keeps buying new ones. And why I bought mine.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had previously owned a 96SL1 before and now this is my second saturn and I'm 20. I loved Saturns ever since I drove SilverBullets old SC2 :) I can honestly say I'll probably only own saturns haha I just love them so much. I can make a million dollars a year I'd still drive a very heavly modded ION Red Line for go, I'd have the Vue Red Line for the AWD days and probably an older Saturn heavly modded for visuals. But thats just me and I'm always told I'm nuts hehehe

·
Registered
104 Posts
My first new car I ever bought was a '94 SL1 and bought in April of '94. 2nd I bought in 2003 and was a 95' SL2. 2nd new Saturn, '04 RL. I've been sold on Saturns since my '94....in the 11 years I owned it, it never went to the shop. Anyway, click on my link and you can see all three Saturns.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
My dad owns 1, my bro just bought a SC2 and of course me and my lovely RL which is all mine and no one shall drive it again....ever.

·
Registered
122 Posts
D3XXFR said:
I'd have the Vue Red Line for the AWD dayse
An AWD Red Line is pointless, just so you know. :p They ride so low to the ground you can't offroad it. You can't even drive through deep snow without worrying. Well, you can, but it's not recommended. We did some very light offroading in our (AWD) Red Line VUE, and it definitely was not a good idea. We had to be careful not to scrape the body kit on anything. In deep snow, the front fascia is like a snowplow hanging on to the front of your car, but it's a very weak one. If you get any snow caught up in front of it, it'll break the polymer right off.

The FWD Red Line VUEs are more fun - less weight, and easier to break the tires loose. Not to mention the RDM problems that the AWDs have. Our RL VUE has had the RDM replaced once, and I figure it's only a matter of time before it goes out again, as many people's already have.

I'm personally on my 2nd and 3rd Saturns. My SC2 and the VUE, which I share with my boyfriend. I drive his VUE almost as much as he does. :D My first was a 94 SL1, my very first car. I've still got it, but it doesn't run. Maybe some day soon it will drive again! Every now and then I find myself looking at other cars (Scions lately have caught my attention) but I always come running back to Saturn, because my Saturns have never failed me.

I think the family record currently belongs to the Clapsaddles of Columbus, Ohio. They recently added their 35th Saturn to the family!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.