Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally looked at my car there and was ready to buy it but they were trying to screw me around because they wanted $24,500 for the car and were only going to give me $4000 for trade in on my SC2...so I went to a different Saturn dealership and told them about the car and they had the invoice faxed over and told me they would give me the same car for $22,985 and give me $4750 trade in so I bought the car from them.

Yesterday I was having my oil changed in Ft Lauderdale and saw the salesman I dealt with there and he remembered me and I told him I bought the car and how I got it from a different dealership and how they worked with me on the price....he then asked how much they beat him by and I told him a couple thousand....I then told him that I was there that day to buy the car and because they werent willing to work with me they lost the sale and I got the car anyway.....he was kinda inbetween shocked and pissed.....it was a great feeling

·
Registered
703 Posts
This from a Mazda dealer:

I went with a friend who was looking for a used car. They had nothing of interest at his lot so he told us to check out the affiliate lot down the road. He told us not to inform them we were interested in the car cause it would be their bag to sale. He said he would call later, and see if he could have the car traded over or something. Something about it being an unwritten law, not to undercut an affiliate dealer of a car on their lot.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
thats great. You should have smacked the salesman in the mouth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts