Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nice way to start huh......my name is grand and the seats your sitting on i built them. i work for a company that builds the seats for the vue and ion and i also live 20 minutes from the plant. i just thought i would come on here and say glad you guys bought a ion to help me out lol i just wish everyone would see what you guys see in these cars and buy more of them but i guess saturn doesnt want that seein as there moving production of the vue to mexico and the ion to michigan go figure huh. the damn name plate of saturn is gone when will gm learn i guess im done rambling on about absolutely nothing but glad too see someone did some shit to a saturn
 
G

·
It looks like we have another contender for "King of the Run-on Sentences".

I was thinking, if they ship enough GM jobs down to Mexico, maybe we wouldn't have such an illegal alien problem. They could just stay down there and work. Hey, $2 bucks an hour is $2 bucks an hour. Or they can ship some jobs over to China and have 8 - 12 year old kids building cars and trucks for $.10 cents an hour.

I am kidding of course. :p

I suppose it is possible, though.

I will just stick with the apathetic attitude that I have, just like everyone else.

Oh, and by the way, are you saying that you work for Recaro? :confused:

Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
no one will take my kingdom away, and sorry to hear that man but do u work for saturn or recaro, have we all been fooled and our seats are saturn made with the recaro name
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
He said that he makes the seats for both the Ion and the Vue. The Vue does not have Recaro seats, so I would guess that he only makes seats for normal Ions, right?
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Yea, I don't think Recaro would allow use of their name on someone else's seats. They have a well respected name and I doubt they would take a chance of ruining that by just selling the name. They do PLENTY of business without having to cash in on just the name. Not to mention I drove an Ion2(3?) for almost a week, and the seats in there are not even close!

It's a shame that Saturn is doing that. Has anyone else heard this? I can see moving it to Detriot, but Mexico... come on guys... It's not just Saturn though man, there are more American companies doing it. With car sales slipping for the big 3 in Detroit they have to do something to keep profits up, they need to get more people interested in American cars again. The Cobalt, Redline and the SRT-4 are great starts, but they're left jabs and someone needs to drop that big right hook soon.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Yea, I don't think Recaro would allow use of their name on someone else's seats. They have a well respected name and I doubt they would take a chance of ruining that by just selling the name. They do PLENTY of business without having to cash in on just the name. Not to mention I drove an Ion2(3?) for almost a week, and the seats in there are not even close!

It's a shame that Saturn is doing that. Has anyone else heard this? I can see moving it to Detriot, but Mexico... come on guys... It's not just Saturn though man, there are more American companies doing it. With car sales slipping for the big 3 in Detroit they have to do something to keep profits up, they need to get more people interested in American cars again. The Cobalt, Redline and the SRT-4 are great starts, but they're left jabs and someone needs to drop that big right hook soon.

Yep. It's called outsourcing. It sucks for the American workforce but unfortunately, companies are saving a shitload of money because of it. Ever call a customer support line and get some guy named Abu Dabi Hasheed Malik who can barely fucking speak English, much less read the prompts on his computer to you? You can blame outsourcing for that as well.


Recaro would sue the pants off of GM and Satty for monogramming their name on the seats if they were not really Recaros. So, they are authentic, I'm sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sp00ner said:
Yea, I don't think Recaro would allow use of their name on someone else's seats. They have a well respected name and I doubt they would take a chance of ruining that by just selling the name. They do PLENTY of business without having to cash in on just the name. Not to mention I drove an Ion2(3?) for almost a week, and the seats in there are not even close!

It's a shame that Saturn is doing that. Has anyone else heard this? I can see moving it to Detriot, but Mexico... come on guys... It's not just Saturn though man, there are more American companies doing it. With car sales slipping for the big 3 in Detroit they have to do something to keep profits up, they need to get more people interested in American cars again. The Cobalt, Redline and the SRT-4 are great starts, but they're left jabs and someone needs to drop that big right hook soon.

sorry for the run-ons, yes im the king but you understood all that i said right so oh well.. yes i build the recaro's. they stuff the seats (front ones) and send them to us in tennessee. we build the rear ones ourself. so as for that your wrong we have a deal with recaro and so does GM. and as for the big 3 your right sales suck. out of the 3 u mentioned the redline is the most expensive and that is what hurts badly in sales. if i can buy a srt-4 cheaper guess what gm man or not im buying a srt-4. and as for the saturn name plate it is no more. the plant here where the ion and vue are made is now called spring hill manufacturing. We build the seats for all of them and as for the vue they have redline seats now but i dont believe there recaro's. there fricken sweet looking id own them in a minute.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JPK said:
Recaro would sue the pants off of GM and Satty for monogramming their name on the seats if they were not really Recaros. So, they are authentic, I'm sure.

there authentic but there not we marry them which is putting the backs to the seat pans. but the rears our ours..... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
English, please!

Grand,

1st of all Saturn IS NOT closing Spring Hill and production of the Ion & Vue ARE NOT moving to Mexico.

Secondly, you have GOT to proof read your postings man- no offense but they all border on unreadable.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Grandillusions said:
sorry for the run-ons, yes im the king but you understood all that i said right so oh well.. yes i build the recaro's. they stuff the seats (front ones) and send them to us in tennessee. we build the rear ones ourself. so as for that your wrong we have a deal with recaro and so does GM. and as for the big 3 your right sales suck. out of the 3 u mentioned the redline is the most expensive and that is what hurts badly in sales. if i can buy a srt-4 cheaper guess what gm man or not im buying a srt-4. and as for the saturn name plate it is no more. the plant here where the ion and vue are made is now called spring hill manufacturing. We build the seats for all of them and as for the vue they have redline seats now but i dont believe there recaro's. there fricken sweet looking id own them in a minute.
What are you talking about?? The Redline is the cheapest of the three. You really are starting to sound like you are talking nonsense here...



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 
G

·
mi_redline said:
Grand,

1st of all Saturn IS NOT closing Spring Hill and production of the Ion & Vue ARE NOT moving to Mexico.

Secondly, you have GOT to proof read your postings man- no offense but they all border on unreadable.
The Saturn Ion production IS being moved to Lake Orion Assembly in Michigan by the end of 2006 and the Saturn Vue IS being shipped down to Mexico for production.

Spring Hill "Assembly Center", starting in 2007 with produce a Buick of some kind and a small "pick-up".

I have heard all this from a very, very reliable source.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
blue_arcade said:
The Saturn Ion production IS being moved to Lake Orion Assembly in Michigan by the end of 2006 and the Saturn Vue IS being shipped down to Mexico for production.
This is correct. The Spring Hill plant will be retooled (no more plastic panels) and be capable of building many different GM vehicles. Whatever happens to be selling well at the time. The people here will still have jobs.

The Saturn name is not going away. It's now just another division of GM like Chevrolet or Pontiac. Unfortunately, things will never be the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Signals said:
This is correct. The Spring Hill plant will be retooled (no more plastic panels) and be capable of building many different GM vehicles. Whatever happens to be selling well at the time. The people here will still have jobs.

The Saturn name is not going away. It's now just another division of GM like Chevrolet or Pontiac. Unfortunately, things will never be the same.




:D :D :D see kiss my ass sorry i hate it when ppl dont believe me. i know my shit my dad just retired from GM with 40 years. he worked in powertrain. or whatever i got called after they moved it. and i knew the states just didnt know the city names of where the ion and vue will be going.



and i heard a small suv with the gmc and chevy name plate by the end of 2007 also i heard 20 weeks down in 07 man that is gonna bite a big one for me. and thanks guys for backing me up some ppl think every fucker bull shits on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i will probably be banned but i have to stand up for what i know is the truth. im too grown to bullshit on here. I'd expect this child shit from my 5 year old. and yes i know i said kiss my ass but i got heated. so i apologize off hand but MI_redline you need to know ur stuff and come correct next time. your the one who is the ignorant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,193 Posts
Recaro designed and engineered the seats for saturn. Then saturn builds them. Prob the same for the EVO. Atleast i think thats how it works.. cause i doubt Recaro is going to build all the seats for all these cars themselves they make more money saying GM give me 4million and i will design a seat for your car...or take a percentage on every car sold with our seats in them. If im wrong someone tell me.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top