Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
man thats going to be a sweet ride

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Mmm, wow, that is fantastic. That is a car I'd love to get some seat time in. Where'd you come across those pics?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i have a feeling these cars are going to be legend soon enough, RWD and turbo all based on the ecotec, with the kappa chassis, mmmmm, not to mention they've got the looks for any style between the both of them.

i've got a lot of hustling to do before the SKY RL hits the lots, perfect stable mate to the ION RL. now to convince the wife to end up in an '06 VUE RL

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the money keeps rolling in like it is now at my job... I should be able to afford this when its out and keep the Red Line :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
SilverBulletRL said:
If the money keeps rolling in like it is now at my job... I should be able to afford this when its out and keep the Red Line :)

you've got about a year and 1/2, i'm waiting 2 and 1/2 to let them work out all the bugs, made that mistake with the ion and i'm not doing it again....

i'm still wondering if it's a destroked version of the 2.4 or what.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I like the JB Weld they used to hold the hose onto the valve cover, I hope that isn't a production option lol.

I'd really like to get a C6 toward the end of this decade but the more I hear about the Sky Red Line the more that might take the place of my C6 dreams.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
WOW most likely my next car..

·
Registered
243 Posts
All I can say is the Sky/Solstice look awesome! They are made even more attactive by the 250 + hp engine! I think I can start clocking tons of OT here at work and buy one. It's either that or the GTO in about 3 years. Damn... Now the choice will be made that much more difficult.

·
Registered
289 Posts
SilverBulletRL said:
Didn't feel like typing this all again, so here's the link...

http://www.lsjtuners.com/viewtopic.php?p=497#497
OMG! I was doing my fiancee when I checked this post. I came all over the place. Had a hard time explaining that one. She doesn't like it in her hair! :eek: Seriously, that just might be worth saving for. Although by then, it will be badged GM right?. MAN! :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
header intake pullie and exhaust. Its cheaper that way to get 253 and then some. 25K for sky RL and 18-20K ion rl. Its a smarter buy. But my g/f is gunna get the sky rl the 1st yr product b/c of the bug issues ill work em out by bov safcII boost controller and exhaust lol shes gunna be a rice eater in a few years LOL.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Colin said:
header intake pullie and exhaust. Its cheaper that way to get 253 and then some. 25K for sky RL and 18-20K ion rl. Its a smarter buy. But my g/f is gunna get the sky rl the 1st yr product b/c of the bug issues ill work em out by bov safcII boost controller and exhaust lol shes gunna be a rice eater in a few years LOL.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Colin said:
... 25K for sky RL and 18-20K ion rl. Its a smarter buy....

It will never happen.

The estimated price range for the regular Sky is around 25k. A year or so later when these things are seling like hotcakes (as we all predict) and the Sky Red Line comes out, I predict they will start in the 30k range.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JDRedline said:
It will never happen.

The estimated price range for the regular Sky is around 25k. A year or so later when these things are seling like hotcakes (as we all predict) and the Sky Red Line comes out, I predict they will start in the 30k range.
high 20's, the world does not need another 30k roadster...

(hope they stay with that one...)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have GM discount. and my dad beats up salesmen. ASK scooter. I still think he is recovering.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Keep in mind that the sticker on the Redline is really around $24K with the regular options that are usually on it...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Keep in mind that the sticker on the Redline is really around $24K with the regular options that are usually on it...
true, plus the sky will be the higher end solstice, so it could get above 30, but hopefully they'll keep it just below before all the extra costs. most people won't buy a saturn when they could buy something higher up (in their minds) for roughly the same price

1 - 20 of 23 Posts