·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
so whats the deal with the RL pedals.

im tired of shit looking ones, i want the gm ones.

i order coblat ss pedels, and the clutch and brake bolt on and the gas is an entire replacement correct? and needs to be programed or something? also where can i buy?

thanks guys

keith-

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude not the pedals! The glow! You can change colors below the dash where the pedals are from blue to red with the flick of a switch, just like my car!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
AlphaJaguar5 said:
Dude not the pedals! The glow! You can change colors below the dash where the pedals are from blue to red with the flick of a switch, just like my car!
Ohhhh gaaddd.... choke, choke... puke.... damn man... That is effect lighting for the picture they are not going to ship like that....

Mark

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are look at the 2006 vue description! Its great trust me it makes such a difference at night in your car, makes it look classier. Ambient lighting is the sh!t. Plasma TV's have it the new mustang has it (in the dash) and the new vue has it. Trust me everyone that has got in my car at night when its on says the ambient lighting gives the car a nice kamra feel to it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
mailmars said:
Ohhhh gaaddd.... choke, choke... puke.... damn man... That is effect lighting for the picture they are not going to ship like that....

Mark
Look again.... "Ambient lowere lighting illuminates the front and rear foot well areas. The light can be changed from "Cool Blue" to "Warm Amber" with a swithch located on the center stack".
I kind of like it. Needs more color options though.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
haha!

the cool-blue glow was the very first mod I did to my car the day after I bought it.

but I don't advertise it cuz too many people think it's bling or rice or sumthin'

I happen to like it, and it is functional for me at night-time so's I can find the pedals!!

it looks good with the cobaltss brushed aluminum pedals I have.

lol

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
it looks good with the cobaltss brushed aluminum pedals I have.

where did you get it, and how was in install.

also i knew you meant the light, that does look nice, but im diggin the pedals more

keith-

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
where did you get it, and how was in install.

also i knew you meant the light, that does look nice, but im diggin the pedals more

keith-

bought them thru the local Saturn dealer, just gave em the part# and they ordered them in for me.
You could order them from any gm dealer probably.

Install was a test of patience,
fiddly and awkward.
but do-able!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
OKOK---part number

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its about as ricey as the new phillips ambi-light technology on that 5k plasma screen TV. Ambient light is going to be a new part of automotive comfort, your just watching saturn do another first that they will be made fun of for and another company 10 yrs down the road will copy and be called genious for being the "first"

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Hey Alpha, what did you use to do yours? I am looking at doing something like that, but it can't be to pricey or complicated (I mean, I could figure it out, I am just lazy more than anything else).

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just get 2 12" tubes of whatever color you want your accent lighting to be then place them underneath the dash, the great thing about this car is that your dont even have to mount them just push them up behind the dash panel covers and then back and they kinda just get stuck, mine have never come out. Then run a ground and power wire to a remote turn on run to a switch where ever you want and your done. Got some pics here, the picture of the actual lighting is bad cuz the actual light is alot brighter and I also took the picture when I had it installed in my old qc3:

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Alright, sweet...I got 50 bucks to spend at canadian tire (all purpose store, without lumber...but automotive, so maybe this will be a good 50 bucks spent as they don't carry our intake or the shifter or anything (sort of general automotive, i could always order it in, but screw that))

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shouldn't cost your more than 20 bucks total. If it does just start yelling at yourself and scream random obscenities and they'll let you have it for $20.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Haha, the best part. I get a 10% discount too as my bro works there =P...now to see what kind they carry as the only ones I have seen are the ones you plug into the cig lighter and I don't want that, I want a switch.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can get the ones with the cig adpater an just cut off the cig adapter. Problem solved

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Ya, that is what I was thinking. If I do get it (it'll be about 3-5 weeks till I get the gift card....damn michelin being in quebec!), I'll hit you up in a pm and ask a few questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts