Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
from what my dealer told me about the Vue Red Line they really arent worth the money......you pay an extra $3000 for basically a body kit and wheels.....he said they dont keep them in stock because they cant sell them because people look at the red line then look at a regular vue and see nothing different so they choose to buy the regular vue for cheaper.....I would use the extra $3000 and buy a top of the line Vue with the AWD and V6

·
Registered
244 Posts
Smurf said:
from what my dealer told me about the Vue Red Line they really arent worth the money......you pay an extra $3000 for basically a body kit and wheels.....he said they dont keep them in stock because they cant sell them because people look at the red line then look at a regular vue and see nothing different so they choose to buy the regular vue for cheaper.....I would use the extra $3000 and buy a top of the line Vue with the AWD and V6

No offence but, your dealer must be weak. (their negativity shows in their comment to you) We sell alot of them. Which dealer is it? I know a few people down there. I can give them some tips on how to sell them. ;)

Oh yea, the Red Line Package on the Vue is only $1,995.00

·
Registered
86 Posts
Smurf said:

I've got an 04 Vue Redline. I test drove the regular Vue and the Vue RL. The Vue RL with AWD and the 250hp v6 accelerates pretty frickin quick and it's a whole lot better than the standard Vue. It handles awesome with the 18's on there and to me there really isn't any comparison to the standard vue. Also you cannot get the 250hp v6 if you dont get the Vue RL. I'd be willing to bet that it can hang with the Ion RL. The only mods I have done with my Vue RL is the K&N drop in. seems to help with gas mileage and maybe a little better performance. My dealer in Cerritos was selling them pretty quickly as I bought the one on the showroom floor. I would not even think of buying the regular Vue.

·
Registered
416 Posts
VueRedline said:
I've got an 04 Vue Redline. I test drove the regular Vue and the Vue RL. The Vue RL with AWD and the 250hp v6 accelerates pretty frickin quick and it's a whole lot better than the standard Vue. It handles awesome with the 18's on there and to me there really isn't any comparison to the standard vue. Also you cannot get the 250hp v6 if you dont get the Vue RL. I'd be willing to bet that it can hang with the Ion RL. The only mods I have done with my Vue RL is the K&N drop in. seems to help with gas mileage and maybe a little better performance. My dealer in Cerritos was selling them pretty quickly as I bought the one on the showroom floor. I would not even think of buying the regular Vue.
Hang with the Ion Redline? That's funny. Maybe. But that's assuming your rear axle doesn't collapse when you try to turn the corner.

·
Registered
86 Posts
shaneathan said:
Hang with the Ion Redline? That's funny. Maybe. But that's assuming your rear axle doesn't collapse when you try to turn the corner.
Maybe your assuming that I haven't gotten mine fixed yet. Also I was talking more or less in a straight line.

·
Registered
416 Posts
VueRedline said:
Maybe your assuming that I haven't gotten mine fixed yet. Also I was talking more or less in a straight line.
You know what happens when we assume, of course. I like the VUE redline. I don't really like SUVs, but I think the VUE RL looks nice. But I don't think the extra power will pull your extra weight past us. Just my guess, or, assumption. . .

·
Registered
168 Posts
the redline option does not give you a different engine its the same one as all the other v6 vues

·
Registered
86 Posts
shaneathan said:
You know what happens when we assume, of course. I like the VUE redline. I don't really like SUVs, but I think the VUE RL looks nice. But I don't think the extra power will pull your extra weight past us. Just my guess, or, assumption. . .
Well it doesn't make a difference either way. All I was pointing out was the fact that the Vue RL is damn fast for what it is. I wouldnt mind finding out what would happen in a drag race.

B

·
0 Posts
re1080 said:
the redline option does not give you a different engine its the same one as all the other v6 vues
Correct. I test drove a Red Line Vue the other day when my RL was in the shop getting my squeaky ass back seat fixed. I asked my sales guy if I could take one out for a spin. He told me there was enough gas in it for a 45 min. test drive. :D Anyway, there is NO WAY in hell that the RL Vue could come anywhere close to keeping up to an RL Ion. Yes, it is a nice vehicle. I wouldn't mind having one, but $28,000+ sticker price just isn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
IF I was ever going to buy a gas-guzzler (aka an SUV/Truck), it would need more power then the vue redline (although saturn had a nice idea). Something like the nissan titan or that new jeep cherokee with the v8 hemi. And something that could tow a lot of weight (horse trailer, boat, jet skiis... you get the idea) :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would hardly see the VueRedline as a gas guzzler. 20mpg sounds ok to me out of a v-6 awd mid-size suv. If you buy a VueRedline you shouldn't be towing anything. Actually I don't think you can. The rear bumber isn't designed for a hitch. Anyways, I'm happy with it and it hasn't given me any problems at all.

·
Registered
189 Posts
my wife has an 04 VUE V6 front wheel drive(saves about 300 pounds) and is pretty fast it also gets average 22-23 mpg on regular gas I with my ion redline get about 22 mpg paying premium gas not that I will trade hers with mine but hers is pretty darn quick I think the weight of her VUE is 3450 because it is the FWD. It does not of course handles anything near like my ion redline but in a straight it holds its own. I am getting her axle recalled fix next saturday (no worries she drives pretty slow and only about 12 miles per day)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Redline Vue Is Great

We just got a new redline vue black....handles like a sports car and power to boot......no other SUV like it

·
Registered
4 Posts
blue_arcade needs to read and wake up

RL ION vs RL VUE hmmmm same engine I think not you have only 188 HP and the VUE is 250.....not even close the same engine or trans......the VUE has a HONDA High Perf Engine and Trans and can smoke a ION.....don't think so bring your ION and title and I will gladly race you....beat you and take your ION for scrap :p......RL VUE = bigger engine.....18" 149mph rated tires......and much much more......bottom line if you can't afford a VUE RL that is fine but don't say something you know nothing about.....peace out

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't believe what I'm reading! Are you that uninformed, or are you trying to be funny? The engine and trans in the RL Vue are the exact same ones used in the regular V6 Vue. And no.. the RL ION has 200hp, which has been shown to be under-rated. The RL ION is a low 14 second car with a good driver, I doubt the Vue would put up much of a fight. Could be wrong. I'd love to see a video clip of a ION RL and Vue RL from a dig....peace out

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
kakukane said:
RL ION vs RL VUE hmmmm same engine I think not you have only 188 HP and the VUE is 250.....not even close the same engine or trans......the VUE has a HONDA High Perf Engine and Trans and can smoke a ION.....don't think so bring your ION and title and I will gladly race you....beat you and take your ION for scrap :p......RL VUE = bigger engine.....18" 149mph rated tires......and much much more......bottom line if you can't afford a VUE RL that is fine but don't say something you know nothing about.....peace out
I'd like to see your Red Line VUE run a 14.5 Quarter Mile. If you can do that stock then you can keep up with an ION Red Line.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The ION RL is faster, if the 0-60 is any indication.

ION RL 0-60: 6.2
VUE RL 0-60: 6.43

Not a whole lot, and they are both pretty fast cars, but the ION RL is just a hair faster.

BTW, I also drive a VUE Red Line (AWD), so I know firsthand how it drives. I think with a manual tranmission, it would definitely be giving the ION a run for it's money, but the automatic really holds back a lot of the potential power. The AWD is also slower (more weight and more power needed), and the 6.43 was achieved on an AWD, so I don't know if it is actually possible to push that number a little lower on a FWD VUE.

I don't know for sure of anyone that's taken their RL VUE to the track yet, but we'll be taking ours this summer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts