Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my review with pics...

*update*
The stock header gasket works fine, but the downpipe flange gasket does not, so here's what I did.
I used OEM part number 90570544 L series gasket - $10.65
part number 21006315 nut - $0.96 each
part number 11508477 bolt / screw 8 x 1.25 - $1.87 each

Pretty disappointed in the finish of the ports. They were very rough. here is the collector port area.

same with the primary ports. They were rough also, and the gasket is WAY smaller than the header port size, I don't know if this will create a problem or not...that's yet to be seen.

The header also comes bare (but it's stainless), so watch for possible rust.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was Barry's header when I got it earlier today. I just got done taking it out of the oven and here's what it looks like now.

Overall....It will improve flow over stock manifolds, but be prepared to finish the job.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Nice work. Barrys header do you know if they recieved the gaskets Adam sent out?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure didn't.
The OEM part number calls for the same gasket as the 2.2...the ports are tiny on the OEM gasket. The small echo-chamber on the 2 & 3 ports are cut out of the gasket, and the cutouts are into the port of the header... I'll take a pic and show ya what I mean.
Barry plans on having this installed tomorrow, and the gaskets were supposed to be with the header. What happened there?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep in mind, I did NOT increase port size with the work I've done, I simply did a little clean up. Here are some pics with the OEM part number gasket, which is also the gasket for the 2.2.

yeah...that might be a problem.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yeah, all the headers were supposed to come with those, but so far there is only one person I know of on here who has recieved one even though everyone who bought the header was supposed to have one "overnighted" to them.

Oh well, that's Adam for ya.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Yeah who got it Vita? Son of a Bitch. O well. Are you going to get colin original collector to make your own?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Also are you going to make some headers. Im more than close enough to test and help if you need me.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Not only is SCdyne a liar, but his work sucks. You would think after spending all out that money he would at least make the ports match up with the gasket. 4 thumbs down....

·
Registered
681 Posts
That is some REALLY shitty looking port work, seriously - especially when these people are paying large dollars for these headers. Seriously shitty, and a damned shame.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good on ya - I was actually thinking about buying one of his headers, after the smoke cleared from the communication and non-production debacle. My 12 year old nephew could fab better work than that, I'm thinking.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm telling you guy's, he totally made those in his garage for like $80 a pop. The rest of the money is now keeping him cumfy in his new whatever. Adam totally screwed everyone and it really pisses me off that he got away with it. :mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, maybe showing his work will put a stop to that.

And whoever it was that asked....after I finish my S-series header, I'll look into the RedLine gimmick. It'll take little a while though. No promises.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
No I want you to make me a header next weekend. I will pick it up monday Cool!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts