Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find this information on the webby - As it seems there are ways to bypass the comp (not reliably some, but its possible) i'm considering the pulley options available, first choice out of most seems to be the 3.25 pulley ... i was thinking something a little more radical, the 3.00 pulley... now what else would have to be done to move up to that much boost (16 PSI) my first guess would be move up an injector size... Does anyone know how many RPM this charger is rated to be run up to reliably?

·
Registered
710 Posts
uh

~14,000 i believe

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I believe it would be a matter of upgrading the pulley and using a wideband O2 sensor to track if the engine is going lean. If it is running lean then you have to mess with the fuel injection.

Whether it's new injector or a piggy back unit or something else, it's hard to say cause the people have done it aren't saying what they have to do :) I think they are keeping quiet until their product is ready to come to market.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how large is the crank pulley?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
I cant seem to find this information on the webby - As it seems there are ways to bypass the comp (not reliably some, but its possible) i'm considering the pulley options available, first choice out of most seems to be the 3.25 pulley ... i was thinking something a little more radical, the 3.00 pulley... now what else would have to be done to move up to that much boost (16 PSI) my first guess would be move up an injector size... Does anyone know how many RPM this charger is rated to be run up to reliably?
Moosehead115, We Do Not recommend the use of any pulley size, smaller than 3.25" , as you will need ECU reprogramming for those smaller pulleys to be used. To run the 3.25" DUB Pulley Unit , it will call for a supercharger belt 1/2" smaller than factory to give you a good belt wrap and prevent slippage. We also recommend your changing the factory sparkplugs out for a set of Copper Tipped plugs, one range colder ( NGK V-Groove BKR7E ) and close the gap down to .035, verses the factory preset .040 gap. Hope this helps, as it would be a good idea to have your Air/Fuel Ratio checked before and after installing any pulley!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts