Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCAP is 1 of 100 selected to partisapate in a SEMA build up progam (AKA the dollar program). this is where a shop or person is selected to build a car that will be displayed at SEMA! SCAP!!! was chosen to trick out a 2005 Saturn ION Redline. GM Said SCAP was chosen for there innovatine ideas and attention to details. We are looking forward to the challenges in creating a new vision of GM's Saturn ION Redline. The ION Redline is Saturn's answer for a sport compact car. it has a supercharged 4 cyl. that makes 200 HP, not a bad car to start with! In the ION build we will be working with aftermarket companys to help produce new products for the Redline, as well as produce some of our own for it.We will post more on the contents of the build as it goes along. you can see step by step, what goes into making a highend show car that is intended to compete with the best of the best!

P.S. All those years of hard work and the endless persuit of perfection seems to be paying off! Thank you, to all my great customers that gave me the opportunity to get to where i am today. It has ben my privilege to work with you!!

post if you are looking for something to be made.

____
If it's not SCAP, it's CRAP !
Sound Choice Audio & Performance
1939 Grand Island Blvd. GI, NY 14072
looking good and going fast (Show & Go) :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
haha guys he is rite down the street from my house in Buffalo.

mark looking foward to seeing what you do to the RL

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I would like to see what you can come up with for the RL. Soem diffent styling ould be cool, not anyhting crazy, just some nice stuff to add an even more aggressive look to it's lines already. Maybe try and get some rim companies interested in making some decent wheels in the 5x110 bolt pattern. Get something to fit our car to hold guages, and make it look stock. I like a nice, clean look that can be mistaken for stock. I honestly don't currently feel like or have the time to try and make something fit on my own, so I think that would be good. I know there's other stuff, but I can't remember now as it's 3:30AM where I am (you too if you're in Buffalo). Are you going to be doing anything besided dress up for the engine? How bout some different hood styles as well. Sinister Redline was onto somethin when he started tinkering. I like that look, and will be interested in someting to lighten the hood up. I'll post more I guess when I can think straight.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
A tuning product like LS1edit for the Redline PCM allowing full user edits of VE maps, IGN timing tables,boost control , DTC masking, Rev and speed limiters.
Please let us know when it's a reality :p
Regards
WopOnTour

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'd like to see some type of nice Ram Air Hood on the Red Line. The only problem is that there is a thin RED LINE (heh sorry) in getting something that would appeal to the aftermarket crowd AND the Red Line demographics. I don't think the typical Red Line owner is Jr. who's had mommy n daddy buy them a car and now they're ready to turn it into a Fast and Furious wannabe. I mean sure we have those here, but I think for the most part the Red Line demographics is not what GM was expecting. We're a more tempered group.

We aren't real partial to the ridiculously large wing

but maybe something tasteful like this type of hood

At any rate. Good Luck and feel free to throw out some ideas to our members :cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
hood options would be great ... dual guage pod to replace the top steering column cover ... make it look stock, partially rececced guages.
as well as guage clusters for the A-column ... again stock looking. no addon looking stuff.....

Definitley some kind of standalone engine management would be kickass ...

custom make some panels to shave the door handles for us :D

Definitley you need to do aftermarket clutch and brakes ... but these are being made..

how about replacement internals for the stock tachometer? people always say go aftermarket for better. .. why not replace the stock mechanicals to make it accurate?

HEADER HEADER HEADER HEADER HEADER

Cat-Back dualie or fake dualie (not visible from ground level split behind rear axle.

And just to be a jerk... A Twincharger setup? lol

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Unfortunately, they might not be able to make a pilar pod for the A pillar because it's been said on here that it's illegal to make those for any car with aide curtain airbags as an option, like out car has :(. I would love somehwere to put guages though. Come up with an idea, and be crative with it. Just make it look nice and professional.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
just to make note the molding of the 1st gen talon pod to our pods.... the one i had first, Mark from SCAP is the one who made it/installed it so he can be thanked for the first gauge pod for the RL's. Our car is in great hand here guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i live in amherst.......i need speed and gauges and uber lightwieght wheels......i dont care about looks, if girls say it looks good then it looks good.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
WopOnTour said:
A tuning product like LS1edit for the Redline PCM allowing full user edits of VE maps, IGN timing tables,boost control , DTC masking, Rev and speed limiters.
Please let us know when it's a reality :p
Regards
WopOnTour
this would be #1 best seller for the RL, gauranteed, next best idea would be a full 3" header/exhaust combo tuned for sound!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I would like some Performance items. Springs, pulleys, as well as Visual mods. Spoilers kits, definitely hood designs

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
and Lamborghini door kit for our car. That would look sweet

·
Registered
716 Posts
I kind of like the look of the EVO. From the carbon fiber wing to the slightly flared fenders, to the aggressive yet demure hood. The wing is a little tall for me.. but the c/f is super clean.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
True. I would definately like to see that header/exhaust set up as well as vita. But as he stated, the sound would have to be considered as much as the performance. We are trying as hard as we can to remain out of the "domestic rice" category. Some tasteful hoods would be cool as well, and carbon fiber would be a plus for me. We like agressive looks, but nothing that is overdone. The RL crowd seems to like being original, so take advantage. Even take some cues from old muscle car lines of the past, because many of us also seems to enjoy those, and would like to envoke the though of power when our car is viewed. That make sense? Subtlety can also be one of your greatest friends. Make the little things right, and everything else should follow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts