Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any news yet on the header???? Did i get you guys excited by seeing this thread?? Im itching for more power and im almost ready to go out and build my own intake to help the time pass.... :( I need more power.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Agreed. Whats the news? When are you going to build an intake Ill come and watch or hammer.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure, i think im going to buy a generic intake for like a civic then just cut it up. I just dont even want to get started with all the stock intake shunanagins. Ive heard its a hell of a time to get it out. :(

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yes.

Please, please, PLEASE give us an update. I'm starting to get worried.

Adam, I know that $400 is not a lot of money to some people, but it is to me. I understand that you needed the money upfront in order to get the project rolling, but at the same time, everyone who sent you that money in good faith would appreciate updates a bit more frequently. Let us know something soon please.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes. Any kind of update would be good. But I prefer an update such as:

"The headers have been shipped and since it took so much longer than expected they will be free."

I like that kind.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
LOL!

Well, I'm not asking for anything for free but I think since 3/4 of the forum members have paid for a header that we should at least be updated frequently.

ESPECIALLY since it's taking longer than expected.0

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
agreed paypal is about to heat up Im sure of it. I swore before christmas you were finishing and testing all of them and now we dont get updates unless we beg for them. Cmon man keep hope alive and ship these things out. What can be holding up all of them. Hell ship them in the order you recived the money that way at least you can start getting a good name on the forum.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
agreed paypal is about to heat up Im sure of it. I swore before christmas you were finishing and testing all of them and now we dont get updates unless we beg for them. Cmon man keep hope alive and ship these things out. What can be holding up all of them. Hell ship them in the order you recived the money that way at least you can start getting a good name on the forum.

I think paypal only has a 30 day money back fraud gaurantee which (in my case) has expired by now.

Not saying you are being fraudulent Adam, but if someone got tired of waiting they couldn't even get their money back.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
paypal will evaluate any case no matter how old. Just dont like my money to be screwed with. Pictures or anything or just start shipping what you have thats complete on first come first serve basis. You have to have at least 2 complete ones. You dont have us chomping at the bit anymore to get these now you have us just annoyed that we shelled out 400 bucks and have nothing to see at all. Not one finished product not one shipped out. Keep us dreaming man.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Email response from Adam today:

"I'll try to get to the forums today or tonight and update
everyone.
I'm sorry about the delays, I have only one welder and the
order ended up being twice the number as planned.
I'll probably get the dyno and photos online over the
weekend, I just have to get to my ISP and pay my accout so I
can post the video and images.
Thanks for the heads up,
Adam Chant
Scdyne Performance"

·
Banned
177 Posts
I'm really sorry about the delays. I'm doing everything I can to get product out.
I have one employee and it isn't me. I have a regular full time job still and will for a long time. Manufacturing is done in a group of tasks that end with a final product. Since only one person does a thing at a time no individual item will be finished until all of them are. Flanges are cut, pipes are bent, pipes are cut, pipes are part assembled, everything is sent out for polish (out of my control in time frame), pipes are assembled and welded to flanges, final assembly is completed, hand polishing and finishing is completed and then they are packaged to be shipped out.

A LOT of work goes into the production of the header and when only one person is doing it things take a long time. I'm frustrated like everyone else with how long it's taking, but I can't yet afford to take any time off to help my guy.

I'll have photos of a header and hopefully the dyno results this weekend. I'll see about shipping out the first group next week when they are back from polish, but I have to still inspect them.

The exhaust flange was clocked wrong and didn't bolt to the down pipe correctly. I could have sent it off like that and fought with everyone on shipping them all back, but that would have been the wrong thing to do.

Again I'm really sorry and hope you all understand that this kind of stuff happens, it's just that most of the time you don't know about it because you are not of the first in line to get a new product.

If you have individual questions then please PM me and I'll check back online when I get home later tonight.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks, thats all i'm asking for. Just an update. Not the product in my hands right now. I understand custom fabrication takes a long time. Especially with headers. A cat-back exhaust system could be slapped together in a matter of hours.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
ok so that means you will start shipping next week as the orders came in? If even one person got their header and said whatever about it that would still mean someone got it and we would all be happy.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I concur! :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
so thats the next thing we will want to hear. Whats the shipping order or are you gonna sit on them till you have them all.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
yeah but Im pretty sure that same quote came from the thread that was stated that they would be here before christmas?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts