Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if the only the place to get this header is from scdyne's web site, and if not not are there other places and what are the prices. at almost 500 bucks it seems a little much but if thats the only place i guess ill shell it out. anyone no please help

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Weapon-R and, I believe, a few others are supposed to be releasing headers as well.

I have the SCdyne one but personally, I will not be doing business with them again. Not disappointed in the product, just the customer service (or lack there of).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot i am still going to look around or just wait it out to see what comes out and what people say about it

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
If you can have him COD it then you should buy one. I noticed a huge differnce in power when I took my Scdyne header so the power is there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
goofyguy said:
If you can have him COD it then you should buy one. I noticed a huge differnce in power when I took my Scdyne header so the power is there.
I'm wondering if I'm reading the performance charts correctly on the SCdyne web. It appears that the overall horsepower is increased by a decent amount, but only at the extreme higher end of the curve and at the expense of quite a lot of torque and horsepower on the majority of the curve. It would appear that this would, of course, improve the 1/4 mile ET and terminal speed, but would greatly hamper torque and HP at ordinary driving speeds and at most commonly usable RPM's. Is this your experience after installing the header?

Best regards,

Lin

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
The power is there dont get me wrong. Just Adam is not. I would not buy from him again. Ever Ever Ever again. I mean I have been let on but man no way.

·
Registered
629 Posts
i just put it in and got a gasket leak im trien to find a gasket that will fit ? im runnin

it with the stock gasket .....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
there is a thread with a copper gasket made for a larger header.

·
Registered
399 Posts
if the cobalt ss header and the redline header are the same, www.theotherguysproducts.com is in the process of constructing them. he said they will be in production by the end of the month and they are going to offer all the proper coating, not like the crappy rip-off-o-matic company code named weapon r. they are doing a group buy over on http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3338 that will save you some money. he doesn't want cash up front, he is just trying to find out how many he needs to produce

also with this, when i get my header, this dude that owns a garage besides my dad's makes his own copper gaskets. i'm going to drop off the header and he will be making the gasket for me so i don't run into that issue. i'm sure he could make plenty of them after he figures out a price

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
selfinfliction said:
if the cobalt ss header and the redline header are the same, www.theotherguysproducts.com is in the process of constructing them. he said they will be in production by the end of the month and they are going to offer all the proper coating, not like the crappy rip-off-o-matic company code named weapon r. they are doing a group buy over on http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3338 that will save you some money. he doesn't want cash up front, he is just trying to find out how many he needs to produce

also with this, when i get my header, this dude that owns a garage besides my dad's makes his own copper gaskets. i'm going to drop off the header and he will be making the gasket for me so i don't run into that issue. i'm sure he could make plenty of them after he figures out a price

He could make some money selling the gaskets that's for sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
im on a mission to find performance parts. Just dynoed the car friday right after i installed my cold air

219.48 HP
205.21 TQ
Looking to do pulleys next but im not sure if the car will hold 6 lbs more

·
Registered
629 Posts
i still have the dam leak after working on the gasket for an hour or so in 100 degree weather, boy it hot and it still dosent work? feel like choppen that collecto off and
welding the exhust right to it , no more leak ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts