Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well now that the weather is warm and we have had a chance to get settled comfortably into our Redlines, time for a meet. I know almost everyone has expressed an interest so Let's do it. First let's get a list going of who is in SE MI (below is what I know from other posts, I will update as nessesary.) Second, possible locations. I like the woodward idea, Jshaouni was the one that posted about the store. Thirdly we need a date. Preferably on a Friday or Saturday. I would think Saturday so that we have some daylight to have some fun in. Royal oak seems very central for us all. Alot of us are also in northern Macomb County. Utica may be another good location.

So sound off with ideas and interested parties. Lets do this ASAP. Maybe a going away party for Urban Monkey.(When does he leave?)

MEMBERS, LOCATION * by name indicates interest in meet.
*dipolley, Utica
*Jmonte345, Shelby Twp
Paintedblack, St Clair Shores
*Jpapa, Currently in Rochester
Amish, Royal Oak
GM3Saturn, Chesterfield?
pac.blu.RL, Sterling Hts
Magikal Dragon, Auburn Hills
*UrbanMonkeyGod04, Hartland soon to be in Sunny Florida 15May05
dazednconfused75
ACasper85
GaRsNoW, Grand Blac
*Alredline04, Waterford
*hitthecones
jgb989989
05IsAlive, Lansing
jkirk
2004Rdeline, Woodhaven
ostelo, Holly (Saturn SC)
JShaouni, Bloomfield
myredline, Ann Arbor

6/21 in Michigan

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Me too. There should be a poll of locations and times. That seems like it would be the easiest wasy to do it.

alredline04- Waterford,MI

I also have my first solo event next weekend MAY 8th. It is the season opener at DTE enrgy music theater. I dont have much competition in my class so far. just a 2000 Prelude type SH. I will be running D-stock. It would be cool to see some other redlines there. I am the only RL registered in the event so far

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alredline04 said:
I also have my first solo event next weekend MAY 8th. It is the season opener at DTE enrgy music theater. I dont have much competition in my class so far. just a 2000 Prelude type SH. I will be running D-stock. It would be cool to see some other redlines there. I am the only RL registered in the event so far
I'm in for attending. IS this an SCCA meet? Send me more info. If we can organize a meet fast enough will this location work as a rally point and then off to Gratiot or Woodward in the evening?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The meet sounds good. Either Gratiot or Woodward would be fine for me to meet up at. I'm back in Rochester for the summer now. I don't know of Jshaouni has been on here much since he initially said about meeting up at his shop. I have his IM, so I'll talk to him when I see that he's on. I'll be ready for a meet any weekend that it plans, but if we want Urban to be able to come, it will probably have to be next weekend.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hosting Organization(s) Detroit Region SCCA
Event Type Autocross / Solo
Event Date(s) 08-May-2005
Event Description/
Schedule Registration opens at 7:30am, closes at 8:45am
Novice course walk at 8:45
Driver's meeting at 9:15
First car off no later then 9:30

We run rain or shine!

Entry Fee
SCCA and Detroit Council members Pre-registered $30
Others Pre-Registered $40
Registered after Sunday, May 1st $50

If you are under 18: Competitor waivers MUST be signed by BOTH parents. Contact the registrar to have one sent, so that you can bring it with you to the race. This will be valid with both parent signatures as long as one parent is present. Minor spectators only need one signature. Yearly minor waivers still need both parents signature.
Event Location DTE Music Theater
City Clarkston
State or Province MI
Postal/Zip Code 48346
Country USA
Location Description
Driving Directions
Maximum Entries 200
Registration Deadline 01-May-2005 Entries

Well those are the details. If anybody doesnt know DTE ill post a map. The a solo event works is that I will be running my heat which will be about 4 runs or so and then I have to work the rest of the heats. I dont have any details about when ill be running yet cause registration is still open. I am also registered for the second event at The Palce :D . You can find out all the information you want about any scca event in the country at www.myautoevents.com

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alredline04 said:
. If anybody doesnt know DTE ill post a map. [/url]
It's not DTE Energy Music Center. It's Pine Knob. Always was always will be. Damn it. lol

Noted. If I can get my SCCA membership by then (which I doubt) I'm in. I missed the class last weekend at the Silver Dome. But this seems like a good idea. I'll be there one way or another.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I am DEFINITELY interested. And either this weekend or the next is fine, I had to push my move back by a week, so I'll be here until the 15th. Just let me know when you guys are good for it, I'm willing to go just about anywhere, so let's do it! Can't wait to meet all the guys from around here.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK so far the plan is as such. This is turning out to be an all day affair.

7:30 AM Those competeing in SCCA SOLO meet at DTE
9:30 AM First Car off the line
9:30 AM to Mid Afternoon, SCCA Meet. All spectators welcome to Join in and cheer on our competitors (alredline04). Spectating is FREE.

6:00 pm Dinner and meet. Location undecided. Someplace well known, centrally located, with a nice parking lot preferably. My Vote: Dave and Buster's in Utica. Good food and plenty of fun.

between 9 pm and 10:30 pm meet on either Grtaiot or Woodward.
If Gratiot. The location will be the South East corner of Gratiot and Frazo behind the CVS in the K-mart Parking lot.
If Woodward, Undecided.

10:30 to ?? Do your thing. Cruise, park, chat, get some good kills, or get your ass handed to you. Your choice. We all know this is Detroit, so anything could happen.

I am strongly encougage everyone interested in attending to voice somekind of opinion or give suggestions. I want this to be as fair and convinient to everyone interested.

Also I am building a spreadsheet of all MI members. So name (first name only and last initial) forum ID, email, make model and color, location, and current forum status (ie junior, memeber or senior). Those already posted I have most info except name. If you don't want to tell, then don't. Thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
well here's my info:

Chris S. ~ urbanmonkeygod04 ~ [email protected] ~ 2005 Chili Pepper Red Saturn Ion Redline ~ senior member ~ EDIT: AIM - urbanmonkeygod04 (figured that one could be useful!)

As for where we eat & stuff, I'm good for wherever, as long as they have ample seating & parking for all of us - we don't want 10 redlines strewn about the lot, we want them all in a beautiful line up for a nice photo op :D

Definitely sounds like fun, I'm looking forward to it. Preferrably on a Saturday night rather than a Friday, because I usually work Friday nights. However, if a Friday's inevitable, let me know, I'll do some schedule jockeying.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
As for where we eat & stuff, I'm good for wherever, as long as they have ample seating & parking for all of us - we don't want 10 redlines strewn about the lot, we want them all in a beautiful line up for a nice photo op :D
This is why I like Dave and Busters idea. The building is 65,000 square feet. So the parking lot is about 10 acres. Plenty of room. And their pool tables kick ass. ($17k a peice. they have 20 of them)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
:eek:

SWEET. Is this like, the restaurant cousin of the great lakes crossing mall, by any chance? 65,000 square feet . . . are you exaggerating?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Come to think of it, Great Lakes Crossing is a good idea too. Especially with the SCCA meet just up I-75 a few miles. I think we should stay close to I-75 anywhere between Sashabaw and I-696.

D&B is just like Game Works at GLC. Except it is "upscale". Lots of wood and brass and very nice.(I used to work there) Not industrial looking like Game Works.

BTW for those posting I am just sitting here at my desk. That is why I am responding so quickly. if you want just IM me on yahoo if any questions or comments. Ah gotta love staurdays
Yahoo ID: Lurker5045

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Where are all the Michigan guys? I swear there were like 40 of 'em. C'mon guys, come out, it'll be a fun time

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Dave from Novi, do you drive a black Redline? And did I see you about a week ago at a stoplight in Novi, at Grand River and Wixom Rd.?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts