Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

SE Michigan Meet

4K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  dipolley 
#1 · (Edited)
Well now that the weather is warm and we have had a chance to get settled comfortably into our Redlines, time for a meet. I know almost everyone has expressed an interest so Let's do it. First let's get a list going of who is in SE MI (below is what I know from other posts, I will update as nessesary.) Second, possible locations. I like the woodward idea, Jshaouni was the one that posted about the store. Thirdly we need a date. Preferably on a Friday or Saturday. I would think Saturday so that we have some daylight to have some fun in. Royal oak seems very central for us all. Alot of us are also in northern Macomb County. Utica may be another good location.

So sound off with ideas and interested parties. Lets do this ASAP. Maybe a going away party for Urban Monkey.(When does he leave?)

MEMBERS, LOCATION * by name indicates interest in meet.
*dipolley, Utica
*Jmonte345, Shelby Twp
Paintedblack, St Clair Shores
*Jpapa, Currently in Rochester
Amish, Royal Oak
GM3Saturn, Chesterfield?
pac.blu.RL, Sterling Hts
Magikal Dragon, Auburn Hills
*UrbanMonkeyGod04, Hartland soon to be in Sunny Florida 15May05
dazednconfused75
ACasper85
GaRsNoW, Grand Blac
*Alredline04, Waterford
*hitthecones
jgb989989
05IsAlive, Lansing
jkirk
2004Rdeline, Woodhaven
ostelo, Holly (Saturn SC)
JShaouni, Bloomfield
myredline, Ann Arbor

6/21 in Michigan

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
alredline04 said:
I also have my first solo event next weekend MAY 8th. It is the season opener at DTE enrgy music theater. I dont have much competition in my class so far. just a 2000 Prelude type SH. I will be running D-stock. It would be cool to see some other redlines there. I am the only RL registered in the event so far
I'm in for attending. IS this an SCCA meet? Send me more info. If we can organize a meet fast enough will this location work as a rally point and then off to Gratiot or Woodward in the evening?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
alredline04 said:
. If anybody doesnt know DTE ill post a map. [/url]
It's not DTE Energy Music Center. It's Pine Knob. Always was always will be. Damn it. lol

Noted. If I can get my SCCA membership by then (which I doubt) I'm in. I missed the class last weekend at the Silver Dome. But this seems like a good idea. I'll be there one way or another.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
OK so far the plan is as such. This is turning out to be an all day affair.

7:30 AM Those competeing in SCCA SOLO meet at DTE
9:30 AM First Car off the line
9:30 AM to Mid Afternoon, SCCA Meet. All spectators welcome to Join in and cheer on our competitors (alredline04). Spectating is FREE.

6:00 pm Dinner and meet. Location undecided. Someplace well known, centrally located, with a nice parking lot preferably. My Vote: Dave and Buster's in Utica. Good food and plenty of fun.

between 9 pm and 10:30 pm meet on either Grtaiot or Woodward.
If Gratiot. The location will be the South East corner of Gratiot and Frazo behind the CVS in the K-mart Parking lot.
If Woodward, Undecided.

10:30 to ?? Do your thing. Cruise, park, chat, get some good kills, or get your ass handed to you. Your choice. We all know this is Detroit, so anything could happen.

I am strongly encougage everyone interested in attending to voice somekind of opinion or give suggestions. I want this to be as fair and convinient to everyone interested.

Also I am building a spreadsheet of all MI members. So name (first name only and last initial) forum ID, email, make model and color, location, and current forum status (ie junior, memeber or senior). Those already posted I have most info except name. If you don't want to tell, then don't. Thanks in advance everyone

Discussion starter · #12 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
As for where we eat & stuff, I'm good for wherever, as long as they have ample seating & parking for all of us - we don't want 10 redlines strewn about the lot, we want them all in a beautiful line up for a nice photo op :D
This is why I like Dave and Busters idea. The building is 65,000 square feet. So the parking lot is about 10 acres. Plenty of room. And their pool tables kick ass. ($17k a peice. they have 20 of them)

Discussion starter · #14 · (Edited)
Come to think of it, Great Lakes Crossing is a good idea too. Especially with the SCCA meet just up I-75 a few miles. I think we should stay close to I-75 anywhere between Sashabaw and I-696.

D&B is just like Game Works at GLC. Except it is "upscale". Lots of wood and brass and very nice.(I used to work there) Not industrial looking like Game Works.

BTW for those posting I am just sitting here at my desk. That is why I am responding so quickly. if you want just IM me on yahoo if any questions or comments. Ah gotta love staurdays
Yahoo ID: Lurker5045

Discussion starter · #21 ·
I went through the entire weekend thinking that the SCCA meet was on Saturday.

So what does everyone want to do, stick with this sunday plan, or scrap it for a Saturday plan? Opinions, comments, suggestions. Bring it.

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)
Well pick a date guys. I never know when I am home (in Detroit) because I travel ALOT. So if it isn't this weekend I am not sure if I can make it. However I am totally commited to a meet. As of right now I am in Detroit until further notice. So the 14th is good. Or I am on vacation on the 28th. Anytime is good for me really. Maybe.

OK, so how about this. If anyone wants to meet up this weekend, great. Nothing is stopping that. As for Sunday, I am planning on attending the autox. My mom is working at the hospital so I am doing mothers day on a different day. Get a general idea of what everyone wants to do. Amish scope out some locations in R.O. for a meet and cruise on Woodward. I am unfamiliar with cruises there as I am an eastsider. D&B is still my vote for a meet and great and not to far off the beaten path. I know most of us live within 10-15 minutes of there. For those who don't know it is at the NE corner of M-59 and M-53. Sound like a good corner to meet for a run up to Stoney. Right off the freeway and we can all roll up together.

Get some ideas as to when everyone is available and a central location. This is working great so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.