Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im searching for aftermarket rimies for the redline. Looking for a dark charcoal or black rim without the polished lip.
link to it: http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Konig&wheelmodel=Helium+-+Graphite

Anyhow i can only find like 10 choices and none are what i want.

Maybee a list of cars that have the same bolt pattern as ours should be started and also a list of what companys sell rims with our bolt pattern.

So far have found that 5x110 :
VW Passat
Chevy Malibu
Saturn Ion Redline
Saab 9-3
Saab 9-5

Some one had posted that:
Ronal had rims www.ronalusa.com
Tire Rack www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
681 Posts
Why not do what I'm doing and have the stock wheels powder coated - the stock wheels are forged, VERY light, danged cool looking, and I'm getting mine powder coated dark grey for under $200....damned sure can't BUY a set of powder coated, forged, lightweight wheels for $200.....

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Why not do what I'm doing and have the stock wheels powder coated - the stock wheels are forged, VERY light, danged cool looking, and I'm getting mine powder coated dark grey for under $200....damned sure can't BUY a set of powder coated, forged, lightweight wheels for $200.....

I'd love to see pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
likewise pics or if someone was talented with photoshop i would like to see near black dark grey on my blue redline.

i am picturing it to be mean looking, but never know and its kinda a risk of killing our shinny rims to powder coat em

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
amishland said:
likewise pics or if someone was talented with photoshop i would like to see near black dark grey on my blue redline.

i am picturing it to be mean looking, but never know and its kinda a risk of killing our shinny rims to powder coat em

Yes, but after a day or so of driving, right after polishing the damn rims real nice, you get freakin' black spots of brake dust on the front ones.

Powdercoating a dark grey or black would fix that real quick.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There is a guy that does custom powder coating around here and I'm thinkin about going to his shop to check it out. I want black rims with polished lip and maybe i'll do the same and just get the current rims done up cause I like the rims already

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
if you get that done i would love to see some pics i am thinking about doing the same with my car

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah I still have the MR2. No its not for sale. I have a bad rod knock in it. So I'm having the engine rebuilt. Hopefully when its done it should be about 600whp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts