Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been mishifting second gear much more than I should have been. Maybe other people have to thats why im starting this. On some of the other cars i had driven i had never misshifted second...so i investigated it. It seems that my seat was in such a position that my elbow would hit the big side bolsters of the seat. So I made my adjustments and havn't missed a shift yet when powershifting. If anyone is having problems with this maybe that's the cause. I know it may sound stupid and obvious that you would be hitting the seat, but its so subtle that you really have to look at where your elbow is when your shifting. Just throwin this out there.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My girl laughs at me and calls me an ass because I don't sit back in the seat like I'm trying to avoid being shot in a drive-by . . . I sit close to the steering wheel, with my back nearly straight - how you sit if you want to drive aggressively. I only miss shifts if I'm on the phone or smoking a cigarette . . . normally I'm just too fast ;)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
I only miss shifts if I'm on the phone or smoking a cigarette . . . normally I'm just too fast ;)
You're smoking in yer baby?? TSK TSK TSK :p I actually mis-shifted 2nd gear today, some stupid girl did the "last second at a red-light lane change" on me when she was the only one in her lane before cutting me off. So naturally I did the same thing :eek: if only to get beside her and to give her a dirty look and then smoke it and cut her off. In the process I mis-shifted to hear that dreadful grinding of the gears sound. Although I also remember I had to adjust my seat earlier today because the top of my shift knob came off and fell under my seat. So maybe there is something to the seat position. But I also notice that when I'm more aggressive with my driving that I tend to mis-shift more (If a Saturn retailer or service provider or law enforcement agency is reading this I RARELY drive aggressive :) )

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
TXRLU said:
(If a Saturn retailer or service provider or law enforcement agency is reading this I RARELY drive aggressive :) )
Hahaha, can anyone take anything written on the web serioiusly. I mean I can say I drove 220kmh to a city and back and laugh at the cops I blew by. Will people believe me, some may some may not. Doesn't mean it happened....lol.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
TXRLU said:
You're smoking in yer baby?? TSK TSK TSK
Yeah, I smoke in it. Didn't do it for the first month & a half I owned my car, but then you get stuck in traffic for 45 minutes, you WILL smoke in whatever car you're in. LOL. I need to just quit smoking altogether tho.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Should've opened the door and smoked beside your car as you pushed it as the cars moved up a bit...lol.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Didn't do it for the first month & a half I owned my car, but then you get stuck in traffic for 45 minutes, you WILL smoke in whatever car you're in. LOL. I need to just quit smoking altogether tho.

I listen to XM 150 comedy when I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I think when people around me see me laughing like a mad man while sitting in traffic, it kinda scares them and they tend to keep their distance. Win-win situation in my book :D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
XeroState said:
Should've opened the door and smoked beside your car as you pushed it as the cars moved up a bit...lol.
The thought of doing that crossed my mind, and as karma would have it, as soon as I lit up, traffic started flowing again :confused: son of a bitch. Whatever. Oh and hey, I just noticed, Xero, in your sig, it says "Imports, prepare to be Ionized." You, being in Canada, would make an Ion an import . . . or would it? How do they work that? There are no Canada-specific car manufacturers are there? Now my interest is piqued . . .

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Hahaha, well yes and no. Its a domesticlly made car (remember, canada is like the US's long lost cousin that they don't care about...lol) so no in that respect but yes it is imported persay into the country. Oh and isn't the pontiac pursuit ONLY sold in canada?...and my grandma bought a brand spanking new 05 pursuit with only 21km's on it..4 door sedan, but still cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts