Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of Corbeau seats for sale at an unbelievable price today. Going to buy them no matter what. Pics of seats... They're these seats in blue.

My dilema is put the Corbeau's in the RL and sell the Recaro's or sell the Corbeau's and keep the Recaro's. The seats are comming with 2 sliders and 2 4-point harnesses.

What should I do???

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Which can you make more money off of? The quality of the seats are probably similar, and the Recaros have alot of adjustments that other seats dont. Well, the seatpan adjustment anyway...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They go for a crazy price new, you could sell them used for like $1000 or so. IF they're like new...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Search on here, at least one person came here looking to buy seats for the QuadCoupe or something. You should be able to find the thread where they went back and forth on the prices.

Check the new manufacturers listing in the performance section, go to the Saturn Parts and Acc. link, you should be able to get the price of the stock ones. I really wanna say they go for OVER $1000 per seat...

·
Registered
610 Posts
A complete set of Recaro seats (front and rear) was offered on ebay at $1000 and didn't sell. I would think that would be worth more since a QC owner could swap all seats and not have a mis-matched interior.
If you have the room, I'd store the Recaros until you sell the car. It will be worth much more with the original seats plus they will still be like new.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I checked out Recaro's site a while back and their retail, per seat, for this style of seat was over $1,300....my ass doesn't fit these seats, but I'll deal with it until I trade the car - I'm not going to give away these seats for pennies on the dollar, only to have to buy new seats and have the new seats or the current back seats reupholstered to match...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, after trying to find a way to make the Corbeau's fit I've decided to sell those and keep the Recaro's in. I think somewhere between $800 - $1000 should be reasonable. They come with the sliders, mounting brackets for a 97+ prelude, and genuine Corbeau 4-point harnesses. If you know anybody that wants them tell them to make me an offer. No, I won't ship these.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
I checked out Recaro's site a while back and their retail, per seat, for this style of seat was over $1,300....my ass doesn't fit these seats, but I'll deal with it until I trade the car - I'm not going to give away these seats for pennies on the dollar, only to have to buy new seats and have the new seats or the current back seats reupholstered to match...

I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs just to fit into mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts