Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
(Above) The Stinger '05 Saturn Ion at the recent SEMA Show in Las Vegas. (Click image to enlarge.)

One of the biggest attractions at SEMA was the fantastic Stinger® ’05 Saturn Ion.

“This custom automobile definitely represents a work of modern art. The creativity and innovation involved shows a way of thinking that could only come from an automotive artist” stated Jerry Ansley, Director of Purchasing – AAMP of America™.

Mark Abate, owner and operator of Sound Choice Audio and Performance, Grand Island, NY was the mastermind behind the Stinger® Saturn. After being selected by GM™ to be one of their “dollar car” contest recipients Abate began finding sponsors to help bring his ideas to reality. Stinger® was the choice for all his car audio accessory needs. After Mark received sponsorship, he began construction with a 5 member team and only a mere 45 days to meet the SEMA deadline. After many long days the hard work paid off and the Stinger® Saturn was born. This creation drew quite a crowd.

“The traffic created by the car was astounding!” stated, Micah Ansley – President, AAMP of America™.

The custom Stinger® Saturn was filled with high-end Stinger® products and accessories: Stinger® batteries, alternators, wiring, interconnects, capacitors, fuse blocks and distribution blocks. Also included were numerous LCD monitors, amps, subs, air suspension, custom wheels and matched Stinger®-yellow paint, a widebody body kit, Lamborghini flip front doors and gullwing rear doors. Everything, from the doors to the hood to the trunk was motorized. At the end of the show GM™ engineers, representative of the GM Dollar Car initiative, presented Mark with the “Outstanding Project Vehicle Development & Execution Award” in the GM™ compact car division.

The Stinger® Saturn is scheduled for an encore appearance at the Stinger® booth (5218) during the International CES, Las Vegas, on January 5-8, 2006.

“It was a pleasure working with Stinger®. Every product worked flawlessly and offered style and functionality that matched up perfectly to my plans. My team and I met our deadline and created a show stopper! Now with additional time to fully complete the masterpiece I can’t wait to re-release it at CES ’06 ’cause you haven’t seen anything yet!” stated Mark Abate.

·
Registered
125 Posts
why am i the only one to think the rksport front end is absolutley hideous ....... im so torn between the gravana and rk........ on one point

gravana is pretty much my perfect kit... except ITS FIBREGLASS :( WWWHHHYYY!!!!!!!......

rk did it in urethane so much better... if the coudl just offer a nice front end.... the one big dam in the middle just looks so odd without anything else on it..

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Hmm, since this thread is back I'd just like to say the Stinger SCAP Redline was on tv..sort of. On Unique Whips, they where at SEMA and they visited the Stinger booth and the Redline and motorcycle where shown.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I saw the SCAP car up here in Toronto, at a show, must say, really really sweet car, lots of high end work, props to him. I want him to mold the rear door panels, and sell them, I would buy a set forsure.........

You guys should check out RSM racing as well, they have several parts for our ION's, CF hoods, CAI, springs, shifters, and other parts.......... www.rsmracing.com

Jer

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL that red ion RL with the white stripes shown at SEMA is the car I just bought I am going to post more complete pictures and current mods.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I like all the cars in this thread except for the SCAP car. That is just too much show car "DOMESTIC RICE" for me. All the other cars are something I'd actually own and drive.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Superchilired said:
I like all the cars in this thread except for the SCAP car. That is just too much show car "DOMESTIC RICE" for me. All the other cars are something I'd actually own and drive.

yea I remember this post from two years ago..........................:shrug03:

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Superchilired said:
That's kinda the point, it was made for the Sema SHOW, and other car SHOWS. It's not meant to be driven around like a normal car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey, just an opinion. Just like IMO you shouldn't spend that much money on a car that isn't meant to be driven. Waste of money. Plus, never hurt to comment on a thread no matter how old it is.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts