Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the entire shifter replaced 2 times and today i can feel the knob poping up and down like it is going to come off again. Does anyone know of an aftermarked knob that will fit that wont keep poping off?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got my shifter knob replaced this week...it kept on popping off...while I was driving...or just on it's own...pop...landed right in my cup holder...seems to do it more when the car's in the sun...I hope the replacement sticks...they had to order the part, and it took a week to get it in....it really sucks when you're going through the gears and the next thing you know the shifter knob is no longer connected to the shifter... :mad:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have had my replaced twice so far. They (Saturn of Cary) have parts on order that should be in this week to fix it. They say that there has been a design change in the past two weeks and the new part was just being released. Not sure if they were blowing smoke up my ass, b/c they told me this after I asked why it couldn't be overnighted.
The best part is they told me that it is because I throw it into second. I was biting my tounge not to say something. "Throw it into second", whatever...
But same deal, usually happens on hotter days, And I will get out to my car and it will be sitting in the cupholder or in the passenger seat depending on what gear i left it in when i parked.
How hard would it have been to come up with a threaded design?

·
Registered
366 Posts
i had that B&M shifter in my '02 ecotec cavalier and it rocked with the getrag! but it does get extremly hot in summer and cold in winter

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Would you be able to change that knob on the whole shifter? Living in Florida, I don't have to worry about freezing my hand off, but I do have to worry about burning it in the summer. The black on the stock one gets pretty hot already. I have to hold UNDER the knob on some days just to be able to keep my hand on it while shifting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts