Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after waiting three weeks for the parts, I finallly dropped the RL off at the dealership yesterday to have the shifter replaced. You know you've been to the service department too much when you call and mention the word red line and the manager knows who he is talking to right away. I didnt reallly want to be on a first name basis with the service dept but at least they've been really cool every time ive been there. They are going to rotate my tires for free since it took so long.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
brk_05 said:
Well, after waiting three weeks for the parts, I finallly dropped the RL off at the dealership yesterday to have the shifter replaced. You know you've been to the service department too much when you call and mention the word red line and the manager knows who he is talking to right away. I didnt reallly want to be on a first name basis with the service dept but at least they've been really cool every time ive been there. They are going to rotate my tires for free since it took so long.
I know exactly what you mean. I had issues with my ECU the 2nd day I had the car, yes 2nd day, and I took it to the dealer and they ended up having it for 7 days. But I would call everyday and see if I was getting my car back, and when I would call, id say, hi, Im calling about the Redline, then they say, ok Adam, let me check with the tech....its depressing. :(
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Blubatmobile said:
I know exactly what you mean. I had issues with my ECU the 2nd day I had the car, yes 2nd day, and I took it to the dealer and they ended up having it for 7 days. But I would call everyday and see if I was getting my car back, and when I would call, id say, hi, Im calling about the Redline, then they say, ok Adam, let me check with the tech....its depressing. :(
That's almost exactly what happened with me, they only had it for 3 days though. I busted out the "It's within 30 days, and I want to turn this car in under your 30 day return policy". It was done 5 hours later....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
brk_05 said:
Well, after waiting three weeks for the parts, I finallly dropped the RL off at the dealership yesterday to have the shifter replaced. You know you've been to the service department too much when you call and mention the word red line and the manager knows who he is talking to right away. I didnt reallly want to be on a first name basis with the service dept but at least they've been really cool every time ive been there. They are going to rotate my tires for free since it took so long.
I kno what you mean, me and Blue04Redline are real good friends with almost all the employees at the Saturn dealership[ we go to. They pretty much kno us by first or last name basis, well at least its pretty cool when you can go and they'll service you right a way somethimes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That's almost exactly what happened with me, they only had it for 3 days though. I busted out the "It's within 30 days, and I want to turn this car in under your 30 day return policy". It was done 5 hours later....
How did that work? What had happened with my car was the day after I got it, I had an alarm put in it. When I got the car back, my check engine light and air bag light was on, they said what happened was they disconnected the ECU before disconnecting the battery. He said it was common and all it would take was to use the programmer and clear the code but someone took home, they didnt have it, come back next day. Went back, and it didnt clear it. Took the car to Saturn, THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS CAUSING IT!!!! I was so pissed. They replaced the ecu, that got rid of the engine light, but the airbag light was still on. THey took my entire interior out trying to figure out what was throwing the code. That pissed me off more, I drove the car for one day and the whole phucking thing has been torn apart! Found out it had something to do with the seat belt retractor. But I was looking into asking for a new car since this one seems to suck, as its going back into the shop MOnday. Was it a pain in the ass to do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
that is common when i put in my system in i threw ses light i had to get the tec 2 and reset my pcm.. that s it all gone no more......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, after dropping my car off friday to get the shifter assembly replaced and tires rotated, I called saturday at noon to see if it was done. They said ya, pick it up anytime. So I headed out to the dealer, got my keys, signed the receipt, etc. Noticed right away that they didnt rotate the tires. I was pissed but didnt have time to complain. figured I'd call later on. As I pull away, 1/4 mile down the road, I realize they didnt fix the shifter either. Pulled a U turn and went right back to bitch. It was a miscommunication I guess between the two service managers. One said the paperwork is done, call him when you guys finish the work. He took that to mean its done and he can pick it up.

So, now I have to go back again Wednesday. I'm really curious if they are going to try to do anything to make me happy. I have had no luck at the dealership recently when it comes to service. Any suggestions from anyone on who to complain to, what I should get for the crap I've had to go through for the past month, etc.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Oh, so i see it's just not me who's beating the shit of the shifter just keep the god damn knob on....haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Looks like i just joined the shifter problems club, my shift nob came off 2 days ago and so i tried placing it back on, but it got worse and the boot launched off because of the spring loaded reverse switch. I drove it to the dealership and they could believe it, (hell if they wanted proof i could of printed the pages from this thread) Yesterday i went back to get it and the shifter was actually worse, i couldn't get into first or second and the reverse switch was as if it wasn't there. So i went first-second-third-fourth-fifth-reverse, not a comfortable feeling. So hopefully i'll get it soon. Wish me luck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,303 Posts
I too am on a first name basis with the service guys at the Joliet location. I try to be patient all the time because they are really cool towards me. Between the car not starting, the recall, upgrading the firmware, etc I have got to know those 2 guys pretty well. Since I have my dvd player, custom gauges, rims, and springs on the way it will look even more different than the last time I had it there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Shifter knob :O

Hey,
I'm just wondering if you guys had warning signs with the shift knob and everything? There is some play in the knob right now and it can shift a millimeter or two up and down. Is this something I should have the dealer pounce on right away or can it wait a while? Not sure how serious this issue is so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
no warning.

My shifter knob just popped off on the weekend. The wife saw it pop off. The tranny was in neutral while I was sitting at a light and off it came.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Blubatmobile said:
How did that work? What had happened with my car was the day after I got it, I had an alarm put in it. When I got the car back, my check engine light and air bag light was on, they said what happened was they disconnected the ECU before disconnecting the battery. He said it was common and all it would take was to use the programmer and clear the code but someone took home, they didnt have it, come back next day. Went back, and it didnt clear it. Took the car to Saturn, THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS CAUSING IT!!!! I was so pissed. They replaced the ecu, that got rid of the engine light, but the airbag light was still on. THey took my entire interior out trying to figure out what was throwing the code. That pissed me off more, I drove the car for one day and the whole phucking thing has been torn apart! Found out it had something to do with the seat belt retractor. But I was looking into asking for a new car since this one seems to suck, as its going back into the shop MOnday. Was it a pain in the ass to do?
that sounds like your fault for having a place dick up your car installing something else............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
gauge club member, hahaha how can i join i have gauges. my shifter fell off but i just twised it like 1mm and slamed it back on, you can not tell that it is off line but its on there good now, can not pull off if i try :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Well after inquiring if the jiggly knob was a warning sign I found out that yes....indeed it was. Nothing better than flipping it in to third and having it come right off with you. I'm hoping this repair is not too time consuming or inconvienent...What do they do to fix this crap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Cynic said:
Hey,
I'm just wondering if you guys had warning signs with the shift knob and everything? There is some play in the knob right now and it can shift a millimeter or two up and down. Is this something I should have the dealer pounce on right away or can it wait a while? Not sure how serious this issue is so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
This is how mine started and a couple days later it poped off during a shift from 3rd to 4th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cynic,
They will replace the whole shifter assembly. It took 3 1/2 weeks for them to get the parts in for mine. After some miscommunication and them not doing it when I dropped it off, I brought it back and waited. I was there an hour and a half but it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top