Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
it looks cool but i thinkn i like ours better, it is a very small detail that is nice but dont want to make my car like the coblats

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Isnt' that the same exact knob?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
that looks like the same knob to me.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
i'm waiting for any company to make a heavy shiftknob for us. That would be great, I miss bashing gears. I use to have a 400mg razo carbon fiber wrapped shift knob on my DSM and 240sx. it was fucking fabulous! FABULOUS I SAY! :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
dL_RL said:
i'm waiting for any company to make a heavy shiftknob for us. That would be great, I miss bashing gears. I use to have a 400mg razo carbon fiber wrapped shift knob on my DSM and 240sx. it was fucking fabulous! FABULOUS I SAY! :D
i believe that momo makes a shift knob that will fit ours
http://www.spswebpage.com/store/index.php?cat=momo&sub=Shift Knobs&sid=58c55fc653fe28175fa62dc818cf19b8
wouldnt the momo race airleather reverse fit on ours(like half way down teh page)?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It SEEMS like it would... I'm not sure who you could ask. Maybe the Saturn dealer could tell you if an L-Series and the Ion's can interchange?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I looks good to me as well. I hate this damn reverse lockout! :mad: There are soo many really cool knobs out there and I can't use any of them.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
thats the dam dam knob

minus the leather, but who needs it

keith-

we have a really nice stock knob

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just took my nob off. Granted it was'nt as easy as it sounds, but i have a pic of my new shift nob on my car domain site. I also removed the reverse lock out while i had it apart. all it is is a spring loaded sliding piece of plastic that raises out of a knotch to allow to go into reverse. PM me if you need help getting the old knob off.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just checked. It is the same knob.

The difference? If that's leather in the picture, then that's the difference. Ours is a seamless piece of rubber.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Stock Knob isn't that bad

The stock shifter that we share with the Saab 9-3 is actually pretty nice in my opinion. The shape of the shifter knob seems to lend itself to accurate throws, and the lock-out feature reminds me (on the highway) that I'm driving a 5 speed, and not a 6 ;) . I think that it adds some safe, quirky character and if you look at it the right way, it could even be considered an anti-theft feature :p . Just my opinion; take it with a grain of salt since I'm not daring enough to open up the shifter yet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
get a new shift knob for $80 and gain 0hp. But hey it looks good and add a mental 15hp.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
NICHOlas said:
all of those shift knobs r FUGLY
I agree. Besides, I'll buy a true short shifter before I worry about the knob.
I like the stock knob anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts