Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I speed shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th the tranny only goes to neutral, not good! If I reshift to another gear and go back normally I get 2nd and 4th gear engaged. What up with that? Is there a better shifter available that you could recommend? What is going on with this shifter? I have the solid mount shifter rod mount bracket installed for positive shifting on the tranny.:scared:

· Registered
4,555 Posts
Hey Bro. I have a B+M for sale. **BUT** The factory shifter lets you properly adjust the cables. So I recommend you stay stock.

I would buy that kit from crate engine depot.

It comes with 2 new roll pins. (this can firm up your shifts. Yours is most likely stretched)

Comes with 2 quarts of LNF tranny fluid. (May as well change it)

LNF shifter linkage bracket. It bolts to the tranny, should firm up the cables. (I did it and did not notice much of a construction difference or feel.

Cheap way is roll pin, I just think that kits a good idea. I did all those things before they had the kit. Can't hurt.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shifter blues

Thanks for info, cable must be stretched after all. would like info on repair kit at crate engine depot. was thinking about going to TWM for a short shifter but will stick to stock as you recommend. I will also call CED and ask for help. Good luck to you, my friend. Thanks POSI.

I have a good take out trans for sale for $400 it is a non LSD with 38k miles.
I replaced it wit a 2006 cobalt ss LSD trans and blew an axel at the drags. Had wicked bad wheel hop. Damn!

· Registered
5 Posts
shifter blues

Thanks for info, cable must be stretched after all. would like info on repair kit at crate engine depot. was thinking about going to TWM for a short shifter but will stick to stock as you recommend. I will also call CED and ask for help. Good luck to you, my friend. Thanks POSI.

I have a good take out trans for sale for $400 it is a non LSD with 38k miles.
I replaced it wit a 2006 cobalt ss LSD trans and blew an axel at the drags. Had wicked bad wheel hop. Damn!
You still have that transmission I think that's what's in my 04 Redline but mine has 240,000 miles on it instead of rebuilding it $38,000 sounds good and I think mine is a non limited slip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts