Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I need new shocks and got rip on when I ordered kyb not ready till mid july. I am now getting moroe :(
here are the other car this shocks will work on so if you need parts easier to find.
I am not sure if the front is the same but these cars have same rear shocks
I hope this help. I wish i found this 3 weeks ago
CHEVROLET COBALT 2005
CHEVROLET COBALT LS (2006 - 2007)
CHEVROLET COBALT LT (2006 - 2007)
CHEVROLET COBALT LTZ (2006 - 2007)
CHEVROLET HHR LS 2006
CHEVROLET HHR LT 2006
PONTIAC G5 2007
PONTIAC G5 GT 2007
SATURN ION (2003 - 2004)
SATURN ION RED LINE 2007
SATURN ION-1 2005
SATURN ION-2 (2005 - 2007)
SATURN ION-3 (2005 - 2007)
monroe 5779 rear 72204,72203 front. rockauto.com has beatprices for shocks
Please refer to catalog for application details.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
So much of that info is wrong. The cars do not have the same shockes. There are 4 different levels of shocks FE1,2,3, and 5. The ion 1 for example has an FE1 shock whilethe redline has FE3 and the cobalt SS/SC has FE5. While they are physicly the same the different levels will give you a different ride.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
If you just need a good cheap rear shock, you're best bet is to get a set of the '08-'09 SS Turbo shocks. While you're there, you could think about springs, too, but, the Cobalt front springs don't fit the Ion, even though the front strut does, so you might want to get a complete aftermarket set of springs, I'd recommend Eibach Pro-Kit (not sportlines) or Progress.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
how much is it for the turbo ss front and rear shocks?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am not sure if the front is the same but these cars have same rear shocks
I hope this help. I wish i found this 3 weeks ago
CHEVROLET COBALT 2005
CHEVROLET COBALT LS (2006 - 2007)
CHEVROLET COBALT LT (2006 - 2007)
CHEVROLET COBALT LTZ (2006 - 2007)
CHEVROLET HHR LS 2006
CHEVROLET HHR LT 2006
PONTIAC G5 2007
PONTIAC G5 GT 2007
SATURN ION (2003 - 2004)
SATURN ION RED LINE 2007
SATURN ION-1 2005
SATURN ION-2 (2005 - 2007)
SATURN ION-3 (2005 - 2007)
monroe 5779 rear 72204,72203 front. rockauto.com has beatprices for shocks
Please refer to catalog for application details.

Does that mean the Ion Redline for 2007 has different shock part #'s for 2004-2006? Just want to clarify so i dont get someone saying "it will work for it" when it wont.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
As soon as .net is back up I will post a link to a thread that has all the suspension info you need....even part numbers so YOU can look up prices:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so quick to jump and say its wrong when you don't even go to a parts site and look up

well I looked up some of the cars and they do use the same shocks..... The cars use the same rear monroe 5779 part number... should also work with the kyb 343308. The reason I did this search is because the kyb shocks are back ordered till mid july that is from the company its self. I have a 2004 saturn ion 2, not listed but that is the same shock I use. and yes I will be using aftermarket shocks, tein already have on had. All I am waiting for is the rears, got the fronts. unfortunately all monroe since I can't wait till mid july. I couldn't spend 260$ each that GM wanted.
feel free to go to a parts store and look up on of the cars on the list and see what rears they use.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess you didn't read it

So much of that info is wrong. The cars do not have the same shockes. There are 4 different levels of shocks FE1,2,3, and 5. The ion 1 for example has an FE1 shock whilethe redline has FE3 and the cobalt SS/SC has FE5. While they are physicly the same the different levels will give you a different ride.
this is what I said... monroe shock 5779 will work on the cars listed. Just because the stock shocks are different doesn't mean a after market shock wont work. Duh. Did you ever do the search? ion 1, ion 2, ion 3 use different shocks but also can be use ion 1 on the ion 3 or ion 2 on the ion 1. no one really cares about that because the GM shocks suck. But the Aftermarket shocks are mostly the same. I did the search now you can if you think the info is wrong... I went to rockauto.com has the list on the site but also looked up couple of the cars to see if it was right...................................

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if you have a 2.0 2007 it says on autozone.com that is it the same as the 2004 2.0. please look for yourself to double check but its using the same rear shock. the 2007 didn't list a front but the 2004 did. says 2007 2.2 is also the same rear. I didn't look up the 2.4
* Available engines
4 Cylinders B 2.4L SFI DOHC (found in 5% of 2007 Saturn ION)
4 Cylinders F 2.2L SFI DOHC (found in 94% of 2007 Saturn ION)
4 Cylinders P 2.0L SFI SC (found in 1% of 2007 Saturn ION)

·
Lurking Diplomat
397 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything that Autozone's computers say. That joint sold me brake rotors last week that don't fit the car. I went to two different stores and bought the rotors one at a time (to maximize my $20 purchases and get my $20 credit faster). Two different stores, each one sold me the wrong rotor. They checked to make sure that they specified Redline, 2.0L engine, etc. and each store sold me a rotor with a four-bolt pattern. Hence, I'm done with Autozone. Now it's Murray's (now O'Reilly's) for me.

Just replaced my front struts, got them from Saturnparts.com for about $150 each including shipping. Dropped it at the same time using Tein springs, courtesy of Colm.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Look it up on GMpartsdirect.com

All these parts will fit any Ion or Cobalt and are a better value than aftermarket IMHO. These are TC parts.

Left front strut 19181044 70.53
Right front strut 19181043 154.84
Rear shocks 25793745 87.52 pair

Even with shipping these are the lowest priced I can find aside from SPO.

10,144 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything that Autozone's computers say. That joint sold me brake rotors last week that don't fit the car. I went to two different stores and bought the rotors one at a time (to maximize my $20 purchases and get my $20 credit faster). Two different stores, each one sold me the wrong rotor. They checked to make sure that they specified Redline, 2.0L engine, etc. and each store sold me a rotor with a four-bolt pattern. Hence, I'm done with Autozone. Now it's Murray's (now O'Reilly's) for me.

Just replaced my front struts, got them from Saturnparts.com for about $150 each including shipping. Dropped it at the same time using Tein springs, courtesy of Colm.
NAPA ftw....Autozone caters more to the ricer crowd. I only go there if it's something I know they can't screw up on cause it's close to my house.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Look it up on GMpartsdirect.com

All these parts will fit any Ion or Cobalt and are a better value than aftermarket IMHO. These are TC parts.

Left front strut 19181044 70.53
Right front strut 19181043 154.84
Rear shocks 25793745 87.52 pair

Even with shipping these are the lowest priced I can find aside from SPO.
Cool thanks alot. I think being lowered for the last year and the winter has done its toll on my struts.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
With the prices you guys are throwing out there, why not just get the Koni Yellows? :???:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys!

just a quick question!
I have a 07 Saturn ion
Is there anyway to raise the cars suspension a couple inches without messing too much with it, like does Saturn vue suspension fit?

·
Super Moderator
1,324 Posts
I actually have a buddy that's looking into this now. I know its been done on a cobalt for a gambler 500 car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts