Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the link to my short-ram intake which most of you allready have seen.
But here's the catch if any of you would want the intake without a filter I can sell them for $130 shipped. So if you allready did Barry's intake mod you can still use your filter and save some money.

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2104

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock Average HP 73.2 Maximum 171.0
Tq 123 168.0

Short Ram Average HP 83.8 Maximum 178.4
Tq 140.5 168.2

So 7.4 HP gain to the wheels.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any interest at all... I know a lot of you were waiting for the AEM Short Ram

·
Registered
681 Posts
Check your PMs....making a change.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture of the Intake with the filter Attatched. The filter got a little beat up do to when I was messing with the CAI idea.

The filter Specs...

Length: 8.3 (in)
Inlet Flange Inside Diameter: 3
Top Diameter: 4.7
Bottom Diameter: 5.7

Attachments

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will also have atleast 5 Intakes in stock early to mid next week. The week of 5/9/05 so if you want one shipment will be soon.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Two questions:

Do you mind telling us the brand of filter you are using?

And....

Did you have the airbox removed for the stock dyno pull?

If you did have it removed and showed an increase with your short ram, that's cool. But if the airbox was on still for the dyno, how would this short ram be any different than just removing the stock airbox? I already have my airbox removed and may not see any gains from the short ram if it is essentially the same.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For stock pull I had all the pipe from the box removed....both the ones that went in the fender-well. But the stock filter and box were still on the car. You may see a little gain because it's just a direct 80 degree bend and a little smoother on the inside. And the factory one kind of bends a little and on my car where the nipple sticks out the pipe would crimp in on mine atleast.

Do you hear your Supercharger even when your not at WOT?
With my intake I can hear it when im not even at half throttle.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm suprised you can hear it at all at part-throttle, since the bypass is open and it's just spinning in vaccum... anyone else hear theirs with an intake of some sort?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If im on part throttle letting her rev to say 4k in 2nd gear it still whines not really loud like when at WOT but you can still easily hear it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts