Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the red line brochure " 5. Short-throw shifter"

is anybody else interested in a short shift kit (B&M?)

to best of my knowledge none exist for the red line yet.

any info or comments?

thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
amishland said:
According to the red line brochure " 5. Short-throw shifter"

is anybody else interested in a short shift kit (B&M?)

to best of my knowledge none exist for the red line yet.

any info or comments?

thanks
you mean none exist except the one installed on every redline? It might not be that short, but certainly shorter than the quad coupe shifter.

·
Registered
134 Posts
it's short enough for me! i did research on some B&M shifters and some are not short throw, just shorter if u know what i mean

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i dont think it would be that necessary and the whole reverse pull up thing might make it hard to do i dont know i dont think i would want one yet i like the look of the stock shifter

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you really wanted to, you could just whip out the hacksaw and a die to make the shaft shorter, but it would take out the reverse lock-out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
we could use some shifter bushings on this car...

also, the throw is short, and chopping the shifter WILL mess with the reverse lockout feature. if someone makes a shorter throw shifter for this car, we could probobly shift using just our middle finger

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Shifter feels pretty good to me. I'll save my money for engine aftermarket parts instead. :D

300 fwhp here we come!!!! (fingers tightly crossed)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think the stock shift is fine. a few of my buddies have short shift kits installed in there mini cooper s's. Alot less throw distance, height is not an issue for me.\\

i do like the euro style reverse lock out with our cars.

fair enough, so i guess you guys agree to disagree with my short shift kit idea

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
amishland said:
i think the stock shift is fine. a few of my buddies have short shift kits installed in there mini cooper s's. Alot less throw distance, height is not an issue for me.\\

i do like the euro style reverse lock out with our cars.

fair enough, so i guess you guys agree to disagree with my short shift kit idea
i'm not against it, but i wouldn't think too many companies are going to try and improve it, you'd really have to make the throws short in order to make a difference

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts