Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was wondering what short throw shifter I should get? There doesn't seem to be too many for the redlines. I'm new to these cars, so an easy install would be nice. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Over the top performance has the best one

Reactions: exodus10

·
Registered
19 Posts
Make your own. The reverse lift to shift on mine broke a few years ago, and since I had it apart, I cut about 2 inches off the stalk and bought a new boot and shifter ball, it’s pretty close to a short throw shifter and cost me $20

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Reactions: jakedean

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im not sure if they are still available but I have the twm I put in a few years ago and it is super solid. Very nice shifter. It was over $300 so have to consider that as well. This is a picture I happen to have on my phone. Sorry it's not a close up. I wouldn't change it for anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you... I never really think about it but in case you or anyone else needs the info, the shifter and ebrake boots are from Redline Goods in Europe. They do really good work by hand and you can customize to how you want. I believe those were $100 for the set. All the stock ones I have seen are always discolored and falling apart.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One more time, here is a picture of my $20 short throw. Don’t spend money on this people.....just delete the lift to reverse mechanism (you don’t need it), chop the stock shifter to desired height, and install your preferred ball. Mine came out to 6” off the deck. I love it. I’ve never had a problem banging gears without the lift to reverse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I second the vote for over the top performance. Had mine for over a year and it’s great. Very solid throw and feels much crisper and with the weighted shift knob they sell with , that is top notch craftsmanship, it feels great. Love the feel of the weighted shift knob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts