Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first post now that i have graduated from SaturnSpot.com to here. I'm trading my 2002 SC1 in and picking up a new 2004 Ion Redline tomorrow afternoon.

Now I've been jumping around the site all morning while i'm sitting here at work bored, and I've seen a couple things and have gotten a couple ideas. I'm definitely going to get the PCM flash done as soon as i can. ANything else right now that i can do? Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
find out about barry's intake mod its cool to have makes the SC a lot louder are its only about 26$ and about hr and a half to do as long as you know about cars then you should be able to do it

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trading in the SC1, so I'm not really looking to do anything to it, just maybe a couple sinple mods to squeeze a couple hp out of the redline when i pick it up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you're coming from an SC1, you should just wait until until you've driven your Red Line around for a while.

I, too, come from a SC1 (93 to be exact) and find the HP most adequate for my purposes. It was a significant jump from what I was used to.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
navymitch12 said:
find out about barry's intake mod its cool to have makes the SC a lot louder are its only about 26$ and about hr and a half to do as long as you know about cars then you should be able to do it
Here is the post he was responding to with this statemnet...

I'm trading in the SC1, so I'm not really looking to do anything to it, just maybe a couple sinple mods to squeeze a couple hp out of the redline when i pick it up.
I thought he was confused and thinking the mitch told him to upgrade the SC (car type) rather than making the supercharger (SC) louder with the intake mod. You actually slipped your post in while I was writing mine.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've spent about 20-30hrs driving the redline already. My friend has a stock one and we used to both autocross it every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I'm used to the feel and delivery of it, but naturally, i wanna go faster and get better times. The aftermarket is very small from what i can see, so until parts start flying out of these companies, just squeezing out a few hp and ft/lbs to torque would be fine. I'll have to look into the intake for sure. ANything else out there yet?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
nduchene said:
I've spent about 20-30hrs driving the redline already. My friend has a stock one and we used to both autocross it every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I'm used to the feel and delivery of it, but naturally, i wanna go faster and get better times. The aftermarket is very small from what i can see, so until parts start flying out of these companies, just squeezing out a few hp and ft/lbs to torque would be fine. I'll have to look into the intake for sure. ANything else out there yet?
Header and exhaust... real intake systems are coming from Injen, AEM, and K&N soon... i hope...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What companies have products? I havent really had any luck finding anything yet.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, i picked it up on Friday, and all i can say is WHAT A CAR!!! I'm getting the usual looks from people all over the place, and everyone including myself thinks this car is awesome. I'm noticing the hesitation and stuff, so I called and scheduled the PCM update at the dealership for next Monday. they told me the hard starts are because the engine is dumping a lot of fuel and sometimes becomes flooded, so it will take multiple cranks to get it to turn over. Hopefully the PCM update will correct this also.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
nduchene said:
ANything else out there yet?

Get a new muffler put on and upgrade the exhaust to completely 2.5".

For some reason, there is one piece of pipe, right before the muffler that is 2.25" but the rest of the system is 2.5". I had the 2.25 piece cut out and replaced with 2.5 pipe and had a magnaflow muffler put on. It only cost me $150.

Or, if you wanna go 3" but that will cost a bit more.

·
Registered
556 Posts
JPK said:
...there is one piece of pipe, right before the muffler that is 2.25" but the rest of the system is 2.5". I had the 2.25 piece cut out and replaced with 2.5 pipe and had a magnaflow muffler put on. It only cost me $150...
And how much faster or powerful is your car now?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts