Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at every car on the road for almost 2 months now since i started looking at getting a new car and had yet to see a redline. Today however i saw 2 on the road.....hmmmm..I liked being the only one who had one around here but i guess civic owners see 30 a day+.

*04 saturn ion redline silver*

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've only seen one, a blue one, and maybe a silver one, couldn't quite get a good glimpse of the fascia as we were going opposite ways on the freeway. i love it, i'm always getting asked what kind of saturn that is, and if the person isn't a car guy/girl, they always comment on how nice it looks.

just what i was looking for, something agressively styled, but not overstated. love it, doesn't quite generate as much attention as my old tiburon gt, but that's a good thing!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I had mine in a shop the other day and one of the customers asked me it was a bmw or mercedes he couldnt get over it was a saturn. I likey my new car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The redline is amazing for the fact when your out and about on the streets the roll up somewhere, people just seem to flock around it. Most have no idea what it is. Then you tell them.

Most unbelievable thing about the RedLine: Supercharged.

People are astonished. Mostly because it's a Saturn. It's really not though. Just the Body and center console. Engine/drivetrain/suspension is definately not saturn :) Most people don't know that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I was thinking about buying mine, about two weeks before buying actually, I was passed by one on the interstate. It was a silver one, with a dealer tag on it. It passed me moving over a hundred mph easy.

That made me look at the Redline closer.
When I bought mine, I saw the Silver one on the lot. It was a demo car and they had offered it to me for less than the new blue one I did buy, but it had 3500 miles on it already and I know it had some hard miles already. But that is the only one I have seen on the street.

I get a few looks driving around. The import crowd turns their head when they hear it, and some have asked questions about it. Most have no idea the Redline exists, so it comes off as a sleeper in the sport compact area.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yeah, it's a big time sleeper.

I get all kinds of look in mine. Especially when she's squeaky clean! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
One thing that I've noticed is how much the younger females(16-24ish) will stare at the car. It's as if it almost has somesort of magnetic pull to it. Fine with me! LOL As far as seeing another RL, never. That makes our car worth so much more, meaning other than money. I'm just happy that I'm the first and only person in my town to own one and hopefully it stays like that!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Justin said:
That makes our car worth so much more, meaning other than money. I'm just happy that I'm the first and only person in my town to own one and hopefully it stays like that!
well said, very well said. i wouldn't mind if they discontinued them and stuck with the cobalt!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
must be nice theres a bunch in this area. The smiff family bought all of them I think. I see a few in the New Port Richey area and it kinda sucks but still 6 out of the 50000 people in the city Im good.

·
Registered
244 Posts
goofyguy said:
must be nice theres a bunch in this area. The smiff family bought all of them I think. I see a few in the New Port Richey area and it kinda sucks but still 6 out of the 50000 people in the city Im good.

I think we have sold 10 RL's outta our store and I'm not to sure about Clearwater, I would have to say close to 6 or more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am also really glad that the Redline's are rare. It's like MY car. No one ever confuses it. I also have to agree about the chicks loving it, that's because the the Ion qc is a chick car! I know like 123423423 girls who drive them. I don't know any girls who drive the redline though, what i would give :-/

The Redline is deffinately a sleep though. I don't really bother racing anyone unless they have FI or more than 4 cylinders. The only car I know that's more of a sleeper was my 1990 mtx Taurus SHO, it had header-back exhaust, cai, honed intake manifold and smaller tires up front. That puppy was nice, I blew the motor tho :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts