Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I should be getting my silverstar headlights and turn signals today. Can anyone tell me how to install them? Is it easy? Thanks...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Pop the headlights out, with the 'L' shaped posts, twist the bulbs out, replace, reverse... real easy, you'll see.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool...thanks spoonman

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
5 minutes each if you are slow, just be careful when you pull the headlights out so you dont scratch your bumper.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Check your owners manual I am SURE it has pictures and detailed instructions on how to change the headlight bulbs. Its really quite simple.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Put in SilverStars this past weekend. Install could not possibly be any easier:

1) pull out allen-wrench looking posts holding in head light
2) dislodge headlight assembly from car
3) unscrew the plastic plate holding the bulb in the headlight
4) Unclip the bulb from the harness
5) plug in SilverStar Bulb
6) CAREFULLY insert the bulb into the headlight casing
7) Screw the plastic plate back onto the headlight
8) Re-install Headlight.

10 mins is plenty of time to change out both. The manual does a fair job of outlining the process too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great!!, thanks a lot for the info, normally i just go ahead and try things but i just figure id ask in case theres anything tricky that i should know about

·
Registered
50 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Check your owners manual I am SURE it has pictures and detailed instructions on how to change the headlight bulbs. Its really quite simple.
Im sorry I didnt clarify, but I meant I would like to see what they look like at night. A side by side comparison... actually im going to wal mart to get them right now. I'll take some photos and post them up when i get back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts