Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: very mad...Sorry about that hi every body. I have 1500k and the clutch already sliping..grrr.. There are no burn-out and no drag race,just trying to go fast and already the damn clutch is going away. Has anyone had the same problem as me?
It a very frustrating situation... :mad:
The dealer told me there is nothing wrong with the clutch and if the clutch slipping it cause I should not go full throttle and "there all like that" when you drive aggressivelly... :confused: .....bull shit...please any comment on your own clutch experience...because my car is sadly still at the dealership :mad: and they told me grampa test drive that and everything seems to be perfect..Just should not drive that fast. That is a performance division product or what ? :confused:
Besides that oh and the sound system is terrible
Besides that I love my red line :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
check your slave cyclinder. we have had more than one instance of members complaining about their clutch and they have been the clutch slave cyclinders that were the problem.

·
Registered
302 Posts
hey guys can you take off the saturn emblems and paint them, i heard that you could and i want to know so i can paint mine today, and do you have to have any kind of special adhesive to put them back on

·
Registered
49 Posts
tha sikest said:
hey guys can you take off the saturn emblems and paint them, i heard that you could and i want to know so i can paint mine today, and do you have to have any kind of special adhesive to put them back on
where did that come from?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks alot. I appreciate you answering me back because I really wounder if there something wrong with mine. Cause clutch not usually covered by warranty beside if its a defect. when thats slipping it geting worn and when it to worn they may say its my problem. Seeking for as much information from you guys and gals. Thank again

·
Registered
302 Posts
to answer my own q's yes they can come off and yes they go back on fine, the chrome part comes off and the red is then exposed and u can paint it any color that you would like.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The Duke said:
Hey thanks alot. I appreciate you answering me back because I really wounder if there something wrong with mine. Cause clutch not usually covered by warranty beside if its a defect. when thats slipping it geting worn and when it to worn they may say its my problem. Seeking for as much information from you guys and gals. Thank again
Could you have glazed it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
probably but not cause i dont know how to drive.
i am former mecanicks for 10 years used to rebuild engine and tranny for gm
few years ago.weak pressure plate or bad cylinder i think.
but i have to argue now over it. :(

already got smoke and smeel from it and its higher now and if the prob is the cylinder they wont replace the clutch but there some dammage there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have had to get the Slave Cylinder replaced. At first I complained about the creaking clutch and they noticed that the Slave Cylinder was not operating to standards as they said. I never really noticed any clutch slipping at that time. It was about 3000 miles. I'm at 11000 Miles now and I believe I Glazed the clutch. I'm starting to get a very little bit of slipping when I'm reving high and shift to second gear. It does it a little bit on 3rd but not at all on 4th and 5th. I say go to a different dealer and complain to them. I've noticed with these dealers that the dummer you sound the more they will look to see what exactly might be wrong. Take care.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
What is the exact definition/physical feeling of the clutch slipping? This is the first manual I've actually owned, so I have no clue what the signs are for a worn out clutch or anything like that. I'm sure it will be obvious once mine starts getting worn out and needs to be replaced, but for right now, I really don't know what to look out for.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
When the engine revs are climbing, and you're car isn't accelerrating at the same rate...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sp00ner said:
When the engine revs are climbing, and you're car isn't accelerrating at the same rate...

I've complained about that problem with my clutch since about 3000 miles. Its now at 19000 and I still get the same problem. I guess I'll have to go to the aftermarket for a decent clutch or maybe I'll trade mine in for an 05 cobalt or something...........

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SOME clutch slippage is normal when you're on it hard, I stress SOME. Like when you're right at that line of traction and wheel spin, alot of cars that I have driven will rev a little as the wheels catch up. Most have been higher powered ones though. My guess is it's not a bad thing, it's alot easier to replace a clutch plate than a torn up diff. I'm not suggesting that it should happen all the time, but they do slip some under hard accel, otherwise every shift would be jerky and rough.

Your clutch would not be able to slip for 16,000 miles without burning out long ago. Cobalt isn't going to help ya, it's the same clutch. If you have any intentions of driving this thing hard, alot, you're wise to invest in a quality clutch plate soon. If you race at all, you're gonna tear it up alot sooner than if you don't, and if you 'street race' alot, you'll do it too. It's just a fact of life in performance cars, the more low-end, the worse it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts