Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first experience with the dealership and my RL was not so impressive. I think you're right about the Ann Arbor dealership myredline. I took my '05 into the dealership this morning at around 10 (I made an appointment yesterday) so that I could get the cam sensor recall fix. Thinking that I called in ahead of time, I was assuming they'd get me into a mechanic right away, but nope, first come first serve I guess... They told me it would be about an hour, so I go and sit there in the customer hangout area (with no donuts or anything to eat...I thought all Saturn dealerships had that stuff for the customers...) reading magazines for an hour and a half. I go back to the service desk to see what the status is and my car is still sitting in the service area, not in a bay. I go talk to a service manager and he says they'll be working on it in a couple of minutes. So I went back to read some more magazines for another hour. The service manager comes to me the hour later and tells me this is their second time doing this, so it looks like it'll take more than the hour needed. I needed to get to class so I couldn't stay there any longer, and their shuttle driver wasn't there today, otherwise I would have just kept my car there. They got my car back to me, without doing any work on it I am assuming, because I have to bring it back there Thursday with another appointment to actually do the cam sensor fix, since they'll have more time. That means that I was there from 10am until 2pm with them not doing anything to my car. They better be able to shuttle me back to campus on Thursday, because I'm not staying there for another 3-4 hours..especially for them to do absolutely nothing.

Also, I asked them about the ECU update. At first they didn't know what I was talking about, then they said that it was only for the '04 models. I'm not sure if any of you guys with '05s have gotten the ECU update, but this is what I was assuming/hoping when I bought the car, that everything was all updated. So let me know if any of you 05 guys have heard any different about the ECU update and/or have had it done.

I had another problem with my car on the way to the dealer, but I'm putting that in another thread.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The update is for all of them, I have an '05 and had it done.

It must have been their first day doing this or they wouldn't tell you it would take an hour. I can assure you that if you were the first car in it would have taken more than an hour. They have to clear a few things outta the way just to get to the area. Lots of brackets and cables in the way. I have the TSB on it, which describes the fix. Trust me, DON'T rush them. You don't want the guy responsible for lining up your timing marks preciesly, to feel that he is under considerable pressure. Waiting sucks, I know! I'm gonna have to go in and get it fixed again since its a recall now, and I'm planning on them having my car until the next day. I also need them to check/fix my squeaky ass fan motor.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't want to rush them. I wanted them to keep my car there for as long as possible, and just get shuttled back. But they didn't have any shuttle drivers today I guess, so they just told me to bring the car back on Thursday. Is there a TSB for the ECU update?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
jpapa said:
So my first experience with the dealership and my RL was not so impressive. I think you're right about the Ann Arbor dealership myredline.
Great, I'm taking my RL there friday for some work (ecu update, the recall, and they are going to remove the stupid hood scoop they put on there) and I already do not have much faith in them from my own experiance.

BTW, jpapa do you have a silver redline, if so I think I saw you friday night by Markley Hall.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jmonte, that was probably me you saw, since I do live in Markley. My RL is silver win a red pinstripe. Do you live/go to school here too? We'll have to meet up. Also, did the dealer just slap a fake hood scoop on yours for visual appeal and no function? I haven't seen one with a scoop before, so I'm assuming it's non-functional..which I can't stand when cars have that crap on it that serves no purpose.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
No I don't go to school there, my girlfriend does.

Yea they put it on there for looks, no function what so ever. And on top of it being ugly it isn't even the same color as my car.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jmonte345 said:
Great, I'm taking my RL there friday for some work (ecu update, the recall, and they are going to remove the stupid hood scoop they put on there) and I already do not have much faith in them from my own experiance.

BTW, jpapa do you have a silver redline, if so I think I saw you friday night by Markley Hall.
Is it one of those universal hood scoops that they sell at PepBoys? Those things suck! Did they have it installed when you got it, or did you just get carried away with the 'tuner' theme of the car?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Is it one of those universal hood scoops that they sell at PepBoys? Those things suck! Did they have it installed when you got it, or did you just get carried away with the 'tuner' theme of the car?
Yea it is just a universal one. No way in hell I would have put it on there myself, lol. The dealer put it on there along with the aero wing. At least they got it half right.

I'll take a pic before they take it off and post it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts