Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after you get your core charge refund then the part only costs like 173 bucks.

Not too bad really. But are there any noticeable gains or quicker throttle response etc.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
How much bigger is there TB...personally I don't think it's worth it unless you would have more mods like Stage 1 or 2 with I/H/E then get the TB to help support the other bigger mods. In general TB don't produce any power maybe 1-3 but it does help throttle response.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would think the optimal size TB would be one that mached the diameter of the inlet tube on the S/C. Any difference in size would just cause turbulence and hinder airflow.

·
Registered
235 Posts
slt said:
I would think the optimal size TB would be one that mached the diameter of the inlet tube on the S/C. Any difference in size would just cause turbulence and hinder airflow.
I agree. Especially with the calibrations that MAF's have these days. I've changed the TB's on some of my past vehicles, and alone they don't do much but sharpen the throttle response a little bit. You need complimentary mods to feel it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts