Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed throttle body yesterday and lovin it. Gives more boost right at point of acceleration. My buddy with a done up SRT-4 was seein Redline the whole night. Throttle body looks stock when installed and works really well with CAI.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I still wanna see their dyno's first. You know us... ;) I wanna know that they cared enough to dyno it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
he waas supposed to dyno it last week! he said he sropped it off which means it should have been done by now :mad:

is the whine any louder???? or is it just for quicker throttle response!

Im prob gonna buy onw easy and cheap :p

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
sounds cool
can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Seriously, where's the dyno (from SMS) ?!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I can't picture a boost(psi) increase. Maybe he means a 'boost' of accel.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
he said ""Gives more boost right at point of acceleration."" which in my understanding would mean boost earlier than stock. just like what the pulley does except no boost (psi) increase. now you include this larger tb and the pulley i would have to assume that you would boost even earlier and have even ore boost i wonder if you might have a psi or maybe, just maybe 2 psi more with this set up. hummmmmmm the possablities.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pclear9061 said:
he said ""Gives more boost right at point of acceleration."" which in my understanding would mean boost earlier than stock. just like what the pulley does except no boost (psi) increase. now you include this larger tb and the pulley i would have to assume that you would boost even earlier and have even ore boost i wonder if you might have a psi or maybe, just maybe 2 psi more with this set up. hummmmmmm the possablities.
VERY unlikely. I suppose it's possible. You can't have something do the same thing as the pulley, it spins the blower faster, which makes more boost. It's the only way for the BLOWER to make more power. Now, if the stock TB was creating that much of a restriction, it's possible you could get a little something. It SHOULD be on the top end though, since you're making the pipe bigger, you're promoting top end flow. You have to think of the blower as a 14,000 rpm motor in a way. If you increase the size of the pipe that moves the fluid, and keep the length the same, you're promoting higher speed (RPM) flow. I just think he meant boost in a way other than PSI of the system.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
more air taken into the blower, more air put out by the blower.

So maybe more boost. How much bigger is it than the standard throttle body?
Sure... assuming that the stock throttle body is an actual restriction. Since SMS says only 4-5hp, I'm assuming that it's not much of an incresase in 'boost', I'm pretty sure they would have pointed that out in their announcement too. Who knows. Waiting for the charts and details still. One thing you might see, more than actual boost, is slightly lower outlet temps from the blower, which is better than boost.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well maybe if everyone ..... say chips in ..... ;) and ummm help me get a new tb then ummm maybe i can just get a nice say little reading from my g-tech once its calib. the correct way :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pclear9061 said:
well maybe if everyone ..... say chips in ..... ;) and ummm help me get a new tb then ummm maybe i can just get a nice say little reading from my g-tech once its calib. the correct way :D
Picking up a couple of HP on a G-tech is tricky from what I hear. 20hp, no question, but get down to 3-5, and it's gonna be hard to see without ALOT of baseline runs averaged together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
did you have to bore the inlet of the s/c to make it bigger?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Picking up a couple of HP on a G-tech is tricky from what I hear. 20hp, no question, but get down to 3-5, and it's gonna be hard to see without ALOT of baseline runs averaged together.

hell give me a weekend or a mon and wed night and ill git-r-done

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
hell ill do all the base tests you want tonight :D i got a full tank :)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts