Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pinion07 said:
did you have to bore the inlet of the s/c to make it bigger?
It IS the inlet of the blower. Or are you asking about past that?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i think he is talking about past that after the tb ....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hell, 2 days to get a good amount of runs in? Jesus, I have a whole county or 3 of roads where you can go from 0-110 without any worries. I could get the job done in a day. Say maybe 50 base runs. Of course, I'm on the opposite side of the country so I guess you could get just as many decent runs on the way over here if you wanted to.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Once you get it truly tuned in PC, you need to do as many runs as possible and average them out. If you really want some legitimate numbers to use. When I say alot, I'm not kidding. If you want something statistically relevant, you usually need a sample size of no less than 30, and preferably many more. 100 is a good number, but that's a too much in this case. If you could rip off 30 though, that would be good. Keep as many of the variables the same as you can. I know 30 is alot, but if you have 30 samples, you can be pretty safe assuming that the average of those runs is truly what's going on. You also need as many as possible to compare to that average after you mod, particuarly since you will need to establish a new baseline to work off of after that. At the very least, get 10 runs that are as perfect as can be. Throw out any that are WAY too high, or WAY too low. No matter how badly you want to use that high number.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Just looking at them again, it's probably no small coincidence that the Gtech-SS records 30 runs...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sp00ner said:
It IS the inlet of the blower. Or are you asking about past that?
The inlet of the blower? that is right after the TB if i remember correctly.

say our TB is 65mm and the Big Bore TB is 70mm did he have to bore the inlet of the s/c to 70mm. (these are just made up #'s)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
got the rr bro..... heheh

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
2 megs of memory :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pinion07 said:
The inlet of the blower? that is right after the TB if i remeber correctly.

say our TB is 65mm and the Big Bore TB is 70mm do did he have to bore the inlet of the s/c to 70mm. (these are just made up #'s)
Ah, I see what you're asking. No, I don't think so. I'm not 100% sure, but from the look of it, the TB housing is gonna be far smaller than the blower is past the TB. I don't know this for sure, but you bring up a good point. Seeing as how it's the stock Redline TB, just modified. I don't think that it's an issue in anyway. I think the 'body' of the TB is still going to be smaller than the supercharger inlet.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pclear9061 said:
got the rr bro..... heheh
I know, but remember that '30' number I was just talking about, 30 samples to be relevant, and then look at how many the SS records. I was using it as an example. With the RR, you have more options, but when they decided on how much memory to record with it, there's a reason they picked that odd 30 number. It's the magic number for stats.

·
Registered
36 Posts
that will make less work installing it then if i get one.

one mmore question:

it says on sms's website " All include a refundable $150.00 exchange core charge making the part only $173.47."

is this an instant thing or is this like a rebate type thing?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pinion07 said:
that will make less work installing it then if i get one.

one mmore question:

it says on sms's website " All include a refundable $150.00 exchange core charge making the part only $173.47."

is this an instant thing or is this like a rebate type thing?
no, you get that $150 back when you send them your old TB, then they modify it and sell that one to someone.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
its a big circle but i thinkit would be worth it. the only prob is if you have somthing go wrong with the new tb and you gave them back your old one then you have nothing to replace the new one with.

and spooner i plan on at least, least, 40 im going more for 50 or 60 but i dunno its how many i can whip out. i know all the factors that play and i am gonna try and keep in on the same road with everything the same so i will have no differences that will come into play hopefully.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
yeah gonna let me borrow it for just a little right ..... ya know some testing... im not that far from ya ;)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
hey there dude where the hell have you been i was trying to call you for daaaaayyyyysssssss

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
lol ill sell you mine for 400 ....... lol ..... plus shipping ...... nawww im just playing, on the site after shipping and all it comes up to 335.xx

21 - 40 of 81 Posts