·
Registered
8,327 Posts
ok fine ill share .......... *pouts* ....... hehe

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Sure... assuming that the stock throttle body is an actual restriction. Since SMS says only 4-5hp, I'm assuming that it's not much of an incresase in 'boost', I'm pretty sure they would have pointed that out in their announcement too. Who knows. Waiting for the charts and details still. One thing you might see, more than actual boost, is slightly lower outlet temps from the blower, which is better than boost.

I 100% agree with what you say above, but I hate to totally discredit anything :)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
lol funny man this damn thing is really hard to calibrate.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i have another guy right now that is wanting them

·
Registered
133 Posts
New Throttle Body Installed

I got the SMS throttle body today and installed it. Took roughly 30 mins (bit of advice... do it when the car is cold :eek: ) Ok the old throttle body is roughly 67mm that is the throttle disk is (for those who will question where I took the measurement), the new one is 70mm.. so not much bigger. I took it out to drive it but didnt have too much of an oppurtunity to light it up :mad: I did notice it idles a bit lower I almost thought the car was going to stall :( Can't seem to upload the pics if someone can PM on how to make them smaller I'll get them uploaded, right now they are about 1.5megs. My friend at Saturn was told it really helps 3rd... I'll find out tomorrow. :cool:

God Bless All!
E

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I use a program from Micorsoft to resize my pics. Once you install it all you have to do is right click on the picture and it gives you the option to resize.

You can download it from this page, near the bottom.

·
Registered
629 Posts
looks just about the same but i dont have one in front of me , looks cool w the red

i have one from them for my sc2 it works well..congrats also thinking of getting one

depending on the dynos and price.......

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
yeah it doesnt look a wholelot bigger to me in the pics but again thats pics. let us all know i have been debating on this one for a while here.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I ported my own

I think it works better i got a bigge bore out of the stock 67 to a lil over 70. Nice and smoothand polished and Knife edged bothe sides of the butterfly
It helps you save like 100 bucks to do a 2hour job porting it youself

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
yall sux .... ;) port me please.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Your a big boy you can do it yourself.
Gosh, its about time you get your lil hands dirty j/k LOL

41 - 60 of 81 Posts