Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you Red Liners that live where it snows (Michigan for me) bought another set of tires for the winter. It just snowed here during the past day, and it was a pain to drive with the Z-rated tires. Next year I'll be buying a set of winter tires, but I don't think it's worth it since there probably won't be much snow anymore.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Same problem here jpapa. My car still has 8 inches of snow on it. Too bad chains and studs are illegal here. lol. That is the bitch about the super charger. Lots of power, weather you want it or not. I have been doing second gear starts. That seems to help, but it's still bad.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea 2nd gear starts do help, but I live on a small dirt road that they never plow, so that makes it especially difficult to leave...kind of stuck at home with a new car I want to drive but can't :( I'm going to tough it out and drudge my way through the snow, otherwise ima go crazy soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use Nokian WR's and they are great. I was just driving through the Blizzard this morning with no trouble at all. I got my rim and tire package at Ronal. The Nokian's are an all season tire with a winter bias, so you can drive them in the dry weather and they don't wear as fast as other snow tires, and they don't make the car feel mushy while navigating curves. If you live in a climate that is mostly snow, then Bridgestone Blizzaks would probably be the best best, but if you only have 3 or 4 months of winter where it is mostly dry, then the Nokian WR is the best choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
i just drove 40 miles to school and 40 miles back in the snow with the factory tires. I live in NE Ohio.....there not bad once you get moving but when you apply a little to much brake pressure watch out all you do is slide and slide and slide. But im moving to Arizona in September so no more worries for snow, so i opted on not getting snow tires for only one season.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ive got Dunlop graspicks on my stock rims. The handleing in the snow is awsome :D . Best vehicle that I have ever driven in the snow :D .

LOL I was driving home tonite and the roads were a little wet and icey. Man I could still take off like it was dry. There was this mustang that I got caught behind on a two lane road. He was only going 20 lol. I ended up passing him neener. :cool:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
On my last Saturn I had Dunlop SP Sport A2's. These things are the best all weather tires that I've ever driven with. GREAT in the snow. GREAT in the rain. I drove up to Newyago, MI to my buddy's mom's house which is off a dirt road, and another dirt road, and another dirt road, and then a dirt driveway, and never even came close to getting stuck with 4 people in the car. My buddy's stepfather was amazed that I got that my car up the driveway, they own 4 lifted 4WDs. If you need an all season tires, I highly recommend something from that line of tires, I will most likely buy them again for next winter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was recommened Nokian's by someone who worked at the dealers and owned a Redline.

But hopefully I won't have to buy any snow tires since I might be moving to TX 12 miles north of the Mexican border!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i own the dunlop graspics and i think they suck :rolleyes: just my opinoin they are a little too hard for days when it is not snowing and have horrible wet traction. michelin and the blizzaks are your best bet

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:
On my last Saturn I had Dunlop SP Sport A2's. These things are the best all weather tires that I've ever driven with. GREAT in the snow. GREAT in the rain. I drove up to Newyago, MI to my buddy's mom's house which is off a dirt road, and another dirt road, and another dirt road, and then a dirt driveway, and never even came close to getting stuck with 4 people in the car. My buddy's stepfather was amazed that I got that my car up the driveway, they own 4 lifted 4WDs. If you need an all season tires, I highly recommend something from that line of tires, I will most likely buy them again for next winter.
I work in Newaygo, small world.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Graspics

I put on the Dunlop Graspics. They have been great all winter (Rhode Island). We have had quite a bit of snow this year and I haven't even felt the need to take out my Jeep in the snow. I would highly recommend them!

But I can't wait to take them off because then it means summer is on the way. And they do run a little hard on dry roads.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Do you know the Magoon's? I think that's their last name, somthing like that anyway. Deanna and Ralph. Deanna is my buddy Jeremy's mother, she has MS. REALLY nice people. It's such a small town I figure you might know them.
I dont really know many people there actulally. I work right on the corner of m-82 and m-37 if you know where that is.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
SoCo Lime said:
i own the dunlop graspics and i think they suck :rolleyes: just my opinoin they are a little too hard for days when it is not snowing and have horrible wet traction. michelin and the blizzaks are your best bet
I agree on the wet traction, but I accually thought that they had a softer ride all round. They are really loud on the highway too. I guess that is to be expected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts