Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know of a winter tire, tire/wheel combo ? The "mental midgets" up here just laughed and said "I guess you have a 3 season car"(Saturn dealer). I called the 1-800 number too, apparently Saturn Canada thought it had all season radials on it (or at least that rep did). I'd hate to have driven the car 5 weeks and have to park it.........

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
just find a 15 inch wheel and tire combo to throw at it. Not worth ruining a nice wheel and tire for snow, salt, and potholes

·
Registered
5 Posts
See the Wheel Bolt Pattern thread.

15" won't clear the strut tower without a different offset. Ronal wheels/tire combo seems like the best bet at this point.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
anyone find a setup that's under $1000, i was hoping i wasn't going to have to buy a set of nicer rims for this. might as well save up for some nice wheels, and put the snows on the stock ones

·
Registered
487 Posts
get the correct offset needed for 15-16"ers and hit tire rack or 1010tires.com

you can get decent wheels for under 500 for the set, and tirerack has decent snowtires for under 300 a set last time I priced it out

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
haunter said:

you can get decent wheels for under 500 for the set, and tirerack has decent snowtires for under 300 a set last time I priced it out

i was hoping to get some steel wheels @ 16", then throw on some blizzaks

how do i find out the offset needed for a smaller wheel?

·
Registered
125 Posts
haunter said:

Tire rack was my first choice. Unfortunately, they told me that they don't have a SINGLE set of wheels that will fit the Redline, and the same goes for 1010tires, just do a wheel search and the Redline turns up zip. That's what sent me to Ronal.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
I did'nt change my wheels cause hopefully later I'll see some that I like better than the stock ones. But I did get some Pirelli P Zero Neros, & stored the Dunlops. I got them based on the buyer reviews on Tire Rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts