Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally made it to the track to see what the whole speal was about. paid and said what the hell ... got in line. took like an hr to get up there. but anyways first run was reaction .602 with a 60' @11.3 sec @ 72 mph and 1/4 @ 16.661 @94 mph. not to shabby in my opinion for the very 1st time, have the torque brace on but forgot to tighten the nut so it came loose, way too much wheel hop. second/last run was reac. .337 60' @[email protected] and 1/4 @15.209 @96.526. was very happy about that run.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That's a nice improvement over the first one. One more run and you should be right where you belong. Low 14's....

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh and to top it all off i dont even have the pcm update or the cam sensor tsb either so it aint running that perfect yet also i want to get a cold air

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just found that information out today when i got my oil changed for 75 dollars and almost 2 1/2 hrs

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
remember you dont need to launch our cars high, the 14.3 on the boards happened from near idle...

we dont drive s2k's, or RSX's so launch gently and you wont regret it.

you can do like 1,800 - 2,000 so you still have some snap, but no need to kill your baby with a high launch.

good luck, and keep practicing! you'll see decent 14's in no time!!

keith-

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i was just kinda nervous of stalling or somthing happing wrong. also it was sooo funny cuz my wife came with me and she was watching in the stands next to this asian gang that trash talking the RL then when i got on the 2nd time and did that 15.2 she (my wife) said that their jaws droped and all they could say was i cant believe that was a saturn they had no clue about the car. :)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
When I launch on the street to rip off a good fast run, I dont' rev at all. MAYBE bump it up to 1200ish. Anything other than that requires alot of clutch feathering to keep the wheels from lighting up bad. Not point in beating on the clutch like that. I know that if I get a good, loud 'squak' from each side of the car, no more, no less, that lasts about a second or so, that I've got a good launch. That only happens when I launch from near idle. It also seems to be the best launch right UNDER the wheel hop point. Is that true for most/all FWD cars? Most of the RWD cars that I have experience with seem to follow this same trend.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i believe so. i do know that out of all the cars that i have had all have been fwd except one but anyways they have all had terriable wheel hop and never knew about the tq brace. but yeah now that i think about that spooner that really does sound the best way to launch. i was launching around 18 - 22, squack about ~.7 sec then i was off but that was on the 1st run the sec run i got it about ~1500 and holy crap very little squack and i was gone. the only real thing i got to work on is my timing. need to be a little faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts